View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2018, 06:52 AM

Daily Thread, Saturday, 20th October, 2018.

Good morning one and all and welcome back Sue. Hope you and your four legged friends are all in fine fettle.

Not very warm out there as yet, must feed Amber and get her out for her walk. Wrap up warm and dry and above all stay save and well. God bless.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-10-2018, 07:43 AM
Sue is home YIPPEE, with a sore throat Boo.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2018, 08:19 AM
Good morning everyone

Good to be home. As Barry said have a sore throat and also have lost my voice which wasn't good when trying to talk to the stewdess as her first language was Portuguese and she couldn't hear me Been awake most of the night also coughing. At least they both survived my absence!

Holiday was good but unfortunately not able to do much as the girls were at school every afternoon but good to spend time with them. The two youngest who wouldn't speak to me last time were fighting as to who I should sit with so I was broken in half

Must get Teazle out. Have put two loads of washing out, one washed when I got home and the other overnight.

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-10-2018, 10:04 AM
Morning Moyra, Barry, Sue and all who follow.

Nice day here. Waiting on someone to come and collect the sofa bed. ended up giving it away. Hope they turn up.
I ended up round Paul and Beth's for 3 hours last night they were about to get onto M11 at Walthamstow and ground to a halt. they left London at 3.30 arrived in at 9pm. A panicked Beth messaged at 6pm about the dogs so I said not to worry I will go round to them.
They were stressed and tired when they arrived but safe so that's the main thing.

Glad you enjoyed your holiday Sue sorry to hear you have a sore throat. Watch that Michael got a sore throat on the flight home from Dubai few years back now. It turned into quinsies really badly infected tonsils, doctor mentioned long haul flight was more than likely where he got it from.
Thankfully ab's cleared it up if they hadn't it would of been a small op.
Hope you feel better soon.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2018, 10:10 AM
Morning all
Sue, sorry to hear you have a sore throat, bet Barry and teazle are pleased you are home
Lynn, I think Paul and Beth are going to miss having you around
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-10-2018, 11:29 AM
I will miss them to griff. Always good to have a neighbour you trust with your dog to pop in if needed especially when only next door. Plus that your dog likes. How are you feeling today ?
Sofa bed gone to a lovely couple who have been sofa surfing for 8 months. With a young baby. Just got a council house near Peterborough and very grateful for anything free.
Canoe just gone on the bank with a note to take not guaranteed watertight.

Next week bed frame and bits of rubbish for the tip. House beginning to look bare photos packed and upstairs bedside lamps etc., packed away and some pictures.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2018, 11:37 AM
Awww, always nice when you can help someone in need. I am still sore but my feet don't hurt so much today
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

20-10-2018, 12:13 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
I am still sore but my feet don't hurt so much today

Hope you feel better as the day progreses.

Although we have very nice neighbours both sides now neither have ever had a dog so we couldn't ask them to pop in and look after Casey, he's a big dog, and it would be unfair to ask them.

Luckily we've done all the traveling we're ever likely to do (or want to do) so no problem to us.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-10-2018, 03:12 PM
griff glad you're feeling a little better.
Harvey we haven't much need now to go to London as Michael is now in Madrid. We have agreed while Dillon is with us we will go separately to Madrid to visit if invited.
When he is no longer with us we will travel together.
Other than that we op out for things and to visit Mark and Lauren but we don't have to leave Dillon for any longer than he can manage.
As for Essex Gorden is home when i visit my friend and our other friends are always prepared to meet halfway.
Bit like yourselves hopefully we will not need to leave Dillon if we did there is a friend not far away from where we are moving who owns Bernese so i would call on her in an emergency to pop in and out for us.

Got back from shopping and the canoe has gone.
Just the bed frame and a few little bits to get to the tip in the week.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

20-10-2018, 04:58 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Harvey we haven't much need now to go to London as Michael is now in Madrid. We have agreed while Dillon is with us we will go separately to Madrid to visit if invited.
When he is no longer with us we will travel together.
Other than that we op out for things and to visit Mark and Lauren but we don't have to leave Dillon for any longer than he can manage.
As for Essex Gorden is home when i visit my friend and our other friends are always prepared to meet halfway.
Bit like yourselves hopefully we will not need to leave Dillon if we did there is a friend not far away from where we are moving who owns Bernese so i would call on her in an emergency to pop in and out for us.

Got back from shopping and the canoe has gone.
Just the bed frame and a few little bits to get to the tip in the week.

I'm sure that Micheal will invite you as soon as they are settled in their own place. I don't think there's anything wrong with you each going out to Spain in turn. My wife frequently traveled to see relatives on her own and I spent all of 2008 to 2014 traveling alone in the camper van for one or two weeks each year (In England) that was mainly to buy stuff but also see my brother.

Our first ever dog was alone for two or three hours in the morning and again in the afternoon, she was used to it, so long as it was not longer she was fine as I'm sure Dillon is too.

So the canoe has gone, how about putting the bed frame out there as well or maybe not a good idea, you may find someone has pitched a tent over it and is claiming squatters rights with the move so close you don't want any last minute dramas
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >