Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2011, 07:48 PM

Blackberry in the washing machine...

I'm taking the award for todays biggest dimwit!!
Will it work when it's dried out?
I've found an old BB curve so put my sim in that for now but I don't have any of my contacts on the sim & have lost everything
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2011, 07:54 PM
Not sure but I back up my SIM each month on my laptop jic.........................
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2011, 08:00 PM
Oh no!!

Worth a try, do you have an airing cupboard you can put it in for a few days? Dont turn it on for a week......

The bf spilt a whole pint of cider on the very netbook I am using right now..... it still leaked liquid for a few days but managed to survive.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2011, 08:04 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Not sure but I back up my SIM each month on my laptop jic.........................
Wish I had!

Originally Posted by MarchHound View Post
Oh no!!

Worth a try, do you have an airing cupboard you can put it in for a few days? Dont turn it on for a week......

The bf spilt a whole pint of cider on the very netbook I am using right now..... it still leaked liquid for a few days but managed to survive.
It's in the airing cupboard now, I put it on top of the wash basket to carry downstairs... it was only when I couldn't find it & it was going straight to voicemail whe I called it I carefully retraced my steps......... and realised
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2011, 08:11 PM
You should remove the battery immediatley and put the phone in a pot with rice (uncooked ) completley covering it. The rice will absorb the moisture. Put the battery in too Leave for 24 hrs

That's the advice I got from a phone guy when I did a similar thing
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2011, 08:17 PM
Originally Posted by Baileys Blind View Post
You should remove the battery immediatley and put the phone in a pot with rice (uncooked ) completley covering it. The rice will absorb the moisture. Put the battery in too Leave for 24 hrs

That's the advice I got from a phone guy when I did a similar thing
ooh thankyou, I'll do that now!
My daughter dropped her BB down the loo & it never worked again,the keyboard went all funny & she couldn't type & my son went in the sea with his I-phone & that never worked again - I told them they were both careless
Mine is a torch with a touchscreen so I'm not holding out much hope. Only had it since last Xmas & I really like it
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2011, 08:52 PM
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
ooh thankyou, I'll do that now!
My daughter dropped her BB down the loo & it never worked again,the keyboard went all funny & she couldn't type & my son went in the sea with his I-phone & that never worked again - I told them they were both careless
Mine is a torch with a touchscreen so I'm not holding out much hope. Only had it since last Xmas & I really like it
Oooops - My mishap was at the end of my first week in a new job, put my suit in the wash with the company mobile still in the pocket luckily it wasn't a touch screen and it recovered over the weekend - phew!!!!
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

06-12-2011, 10:21 PM
Yep, completely cover in uncooked rice. Even better, if you've got any of them silica gel packs you sometimes find in packaging, chuck them in too. Then keep your fingers crossed...
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2011, 10:41 PM
Did it work??????
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2011, 03:23 PM
2 days now & still not working
Hub is going to take it a friend who may be able to fix it. It looks like the screen may have a puncture in it............ or maybe it's just the battery. I can't put my curve battery in the torch to try as it's a different size.
I'm more miffed that I've lost all my contacts, I tried to get them off the sim but it said no numbers were stored on the sim
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >