Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
*SJ*
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-01-2010, 10:36 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I don`t buy fur. I avoid Chinese goods where possible, and I support WSPA. I already know how bad the fur trade is. So- thanks for the link but I`m not going there.
Sorry maybe I didn't make my post clear. It's not a video link, it's a link to a petition to try to get all fur goods sold in the UK labelled so people know exactly wht it is they're are buying. See below:-

Judy Mallaber MP has introduced an Early Day Motion (EDM 253) calling on the government to introduce an order requiring all real fur to be clearly labelled.

A clear labelling system would ensure manufacturers would have to clearly state if an item contained real fur, and would let shoppers make an informed choice -- allowing compassionate consumers to choose not to support a cruel and unnecessary industry.

Laws have already been introduced in the states of New York, Delaware and New Jersey in the United States, requiring all real fur and fur-trimmed clothing to carry a label.
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2010, 02:12 PM
my daughter unknowingly bought a pair of leather gloves with fur on for Christmas. i looked at the label they were china imports and the fur was definatley attached to the skin, it was not fake fur, and unless china have very fluffy black cows over there i know from seeing the videos over the past couple of years what torture the dog/cat went through to make these gloves. needless to say my daughter was very upset that she didnt check the label first, but as animal fur imports are 'supposed' to be banned in this country it was an easy mistake. however i have sent the gloves to 10 downing street and i will let you know if i hear anything back.
the gloves by the way where purchased from a B&M store.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2010, 04:07 PM
Originally Posted by *SJ* View Post
Sorry maybe I didn't make my post clear. It's not a video link, it's a link to a petition to try to get all fur goods sold in the UK labelled so people know exactly wht it is they're are buying.
Ah... ok will sign
You might want to do another thread with `sign the petition` though as we`ve just had a thread with some horrific footage on from China. So it may be that others will assume it`s the same thing as well?
*SJ*
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-01-2010, 06:46 PM
Ah... ok will sign
You might want to do another thread with `sign the petition` though as we`ve just had a thread with some horrific footage on from China. So it may be that others will assume it`s the same thing as well?
Thanks, have done as you suggested.
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2010, 09:40 PM
I'm sorry I cant watch the vid, I did try to watch something similar a while ago on a different forum.
I did sign though
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-01-2010, 10:31 PM
I don`t buy fur. I avoid Chinese goods where possible, and I support WSPA. I already know how bad the fur trade is. So- thanks for the link but I`m not going there.
Me too, try to stay as far away from chinese products as possible.
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-01-2010, 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by liverbird View Post
my daughter unknowingly bought a pair of leather gloves with fur on for Christmas. i looked at the label they were china imports and the fur was definatley attached to the skin, it was not fake fur, and unless china have very fluffy black cows over there i know from seeing the videos over the past couple of years what torture the dog/cat went through to make these gloves. needless to say my daughter was very upset that she didnt check the label first, but as animal fur imports are 'supposed' to be banned in this country it was an easy mistake. however i have sent the gloves to 10 downing street and i will let you know if i hear anything back.
the gloves by the way where purchased from a B&M store.
Brilliant! Look forward to hearing what you get back. It would be worth complaining to the store also.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2