Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2007, 09:47 AM
Originally Posted by Fatelvis1971 View Post
Yes, he was a chow mix, could I could never figure out what other kind of dog he was.

I hate to keep bothering you all, but as I am able to regroup, I must get ready to receive Sampsons ashes back, as we had him cremated.

I am trying to find a poem or short story to have inscribed on his Urn. It can be total of 3 lines, each line containing 30 characters per line.

I am not a very good writer, and he deserves something special. If anyone knows of anything, please send them my way. OR if anyone knows of a company that sells Urns that can hold more, please let me know.

Your friend,

Chris
run free at the bridge my soulmate and friend
A true brave companion right to the end
never forgotton my Sampson ..
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2007, 09:48 AM
Originally Posted by Inca View Post
That is beautiful!
Becky
Luna Wolf
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-12-2007, 10:14 AM
What lovely pictures, Sampson was a gorgeous boy.
ShaynLola
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-12-2007, 10:36 AM
Originally Posted by Inca View Post

That's lovely Inca

Thought I could definitely see Chow in him....I have a Chow mix myself and know how special they can be
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2007, 11:48 AM
It is always a hard decision, and I think you made the right one, it would'nt have been fair on him to put him through the pain for longer than needed, we all feel the guilt of having to put a special friend to sleep, keep your good memories close to your heart and take stregnth from them.
Hope you are ok
Elaine x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2007, 12:36 PM
What a gorgeous boy he was, and I know how hard the decision was for you, because I had to make the same one back in July, when I lost my best friend - ever. It's truly heartbreaking, but sometimes we have to put our head before our hearts and not let them suffer any longer through our own selfishness, and you know in your heart it was the kindest decision you have ever made, I know I do, now. It's gonna take a very long time to get over such a beloved friend, but I like to think they're around us in Spirit, running free and watching our every move. My heart goes out to you for the pain you're feeling right now, I'd like to say it gets better, but there will be times when you just won't be able to help yourself from remembering Samson with some sadness, they really do leave such a big gaping hole when they're so special as your Samson was. There will be another dog laying in your path of Life, you've just got to wait until he's there to greet you. Those words Inca has put as a suggestion for his urn are really lovely, so perhaps go with those, and you will treasure him forever, especially in your heart. I hope time heals for you as it is trying to do for me.xxxx
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2007, 09:15 PM
[IMG][/IMG]
Thalice
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-12-2007, 09:47 PM
Dear Chris,

We are so sorry for what you have had to go through. When we take on the responsibility of owning and loving a dog - or any other living thing, this is the ultimate expression of our love and respect that we can give. We were all devastated last year at having to say goodbye to our Poppy, before what we believed was her allotted time and I too had the same doubts that you had.

A few days after her death, I went to a seminar and one of the speakers was takling about this and said, "Better an hour too soon than a day too late" and I hold that with me as I still have doubts for surely I could not have allowed her to suffer for a second longer than she needed to. We still miss her and always will, but her memory remains with me and at times she is so real I could almost touch her.

We have six other dogs and you wouldnt believe what a gap she lives in all our lives.

Samson was a special boy too and gave you so much, please spend time remembering him - look through your photos and recall what a lovely life you gave him and how much he gave you. THat will never change.

From
Thalice's Mum
Thalice-Malice,
Fleet & Flash (Poppy's boys)
Sapphire, Delyth and Rhian
:smt049
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2007, 09:53 PM
So so sorry to hear of your loss. We lost our lovely boy who was a real soulmate at the age of 2.5 very suddenly, the pain is so deep. It will never go away but it is true that time heals. Deepest thoughts with you at this truly sad time.
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2007, 10:40 PM
I am so sorry for your sad loss. As others have said, you did what you had to do and what alot of humans would choose if they had a choice.

He was a very handsome boy!!
Page 6 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6