Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-12-2007, 09:53 AM
Originally Posted by Fatelvis1971 View Post
PS. Not to seem greedy, but the comments are so comforting, so please, if you have any advice or words of wisdom, or just something to make me smile, I sure could use some more.
Hi Chris and Jennifer it is good to know you have gained some small measure of comfort from the posts here

I have had dogs for over 40 years and when I lose one the thing that brings me the most comfort is another dog..

So if your circumstances allow I would say get another dog. You will never 'replace' the dog you have lost, no two dogs are the same each one is unique, this doesn't mean you can't grow to love other dog as much as the one you have lost .

I look back over the years at the dogs with whom I have had the pleasure of sharing my life and I am immensely gratefully to them. They brought me so much happiness and made the bad times bearable, I wouldn't have been without any one of them. For me every day without a dog beside me is an opportunity wasted.
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2007, 10:00 AM
Hi Chris and Jennifer, I'm so very sorry to hear about Sampson I know it's not an easy descission to make at any time of the year - but right on Christmas, I really feel for you both!

Sleep tight Sampson! And hugs to both you and your wife!
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2007, 11:03 AM
hi chris and jennifer, pleased weare helping in some small way all my doglets send you wet kisses and i send a hug to you both, we will be thinking of you maybe you could tell us a bit more about your baby let us now what he was like the funny things he did that mde you smile keep your chin up we are all here for you hun xx
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2007, 11:14 AM
So sorry for you and yoour wife and your loss, but you definitely made the right decision. Time is a greta healer and hopefully in time the good memories will replace the tears.

PUT ME TO REST

Time to let me go my friend,
Because my life no-one can mend,
Its better to let me go this way,
Than watch me suffer night and day.

I'm happy to go, my time has come,
My quality of life is no longer fun,
Ive been so ill, so its not a bad thing,
To let me go forever resting.

Stay with me till I drift away,
Fast asleep forever I pray,
To relieve me from suffering and pain,
What more can I ask from my best friend.

Don't be sad, I'll be free from pain,
Never to be ill ever again,
I know you'll miss me being there,
But all the memories you have to share.

Thankyou for being my best friend,
And all my needs that you did tend,
Try not to be sad, try not to cry,
Now's the time to say GOODBYE

(Sorry cannot rememeber the author)
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-12-2007, 11:21 AM
I'm sorry to hear you have lost your loyal devoted friend.
Your full of emotions right now, which is completely normal, your hurting because you loved him, like any good owner would.
In time you will see you did the right thing for him, please don't ever think you didn't. You put his needs 1st before your own, and it is never easy to let them go.
As painful as it is for you right now, in time your'll be able to think of the better times, and what made him so special and the joys you had together.
It is also the speed in which it all happened, your in shock that it could have happened so quickly, i was like that with 1 of mine, within 24 hrs he went from normal old man with no problems, to a dog that didn't even know me anymore and it hurts.
If you look at the facts, with the info you were given you will see you did the best thing for him.
We have all been there at some point and know the pain your both feeling, so if you ever need to talk we will be happy to listen.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2007, 12:02 PM
Chris and Jennifer.

I am sending some doggy hugs from Fudge.I have not ever been in this position but know from being a member of Dogsey how hard such a decision is. i can only hope when it is time for me to take that final step I will have the courage and dignity to follow in your footsteps....

By sharing your experience on here you have helped ,encouraged and supported all who will one day be there too.

Run Free Sampson.

red collar
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-12-2007, 12:42 PM
My thoughts are with you Fatelvis. You did the right thing.

Hammer, thank you for writing about Winston to put Fatelvis' mind at rest. Your dad also did what he thought was the right thing at the time and Winston knows this. If he could let you know he would say he understands and forgives everything.
booboo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-12-2007, 12:54 PM
Dear Chris and family.....I am so sorry for your very sad loss, but I feel sure I can honestly say that although extremely difficult for you (and easy for me to say) you have to feel that you did what was best for your dear dog...you freed him from his pain.....god bless you and wishing you a very happy 2008......with love and hugs.....XX
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2007, 02:01 PM
So sorry to hear of your very sad loss. But you really did do the right thing and didn't fail him at all. Everything you've done was out of love and what more can a dog wish for than a loveing owner. I know how you feel, we've been there in your shoes, but I know that this is what real love is all about.....best wishes
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2007, 02:07 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum, sorry it is under such sad circumstances though I am terribly sorry to hear you have lost your dear friend Sampson.

Please know in your heart you have done the right thing by letting him go, it is the last act of kindness we can give to them for all their years of loyalty and friendship.

May he be at peace at the bridge with so many of our beloved pets xxxx
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >