Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2007, 06:45 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
..... and that's why we can never find anything, coz you Leo's have borrowed it and haven't put it back where you found it have you!!!!!!!! You never do use it again in 5 mins. though, it's always 4 weeks later!!!!! I can tell he hasn't trained you very well, I might have to give him a few tips!!!!!
PMSL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is soooooooooooooooo us (except I'm a Taurus with Leo rising!!!!!!! :smt002 )
Honestly the number of times he says 'why can't you just put it away?' or 'Where's that......'
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-11-2007, 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by Sez & Amber View Post
I lost all hope that I would ever have a clean and tidy home again.
Well done on finding that box but I must say that anyone (not you) who is excessively house proud just shouldn't have a dog. Even with the box you bought there will always be one or two toys lying around and in our case there is always fluff and hairs around (They are a long coat breed) There are more important things in life than having a house that looks like it's never been lived in
b-eye
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-11-2007, 10:04 PM
I'm definitely Mrs. Neat and Tidy coz I'm a Virgo and we just can't help ourselves! Helen 54
Snap
I like everything neat and tidy, we have a grooming box which is really an electricians case (lots of sections) 2 cupboards in the kitchen hold treats shampoos spare brushes etc/vet meds etc, blaster is in the dinning room just havent found anywhere suitable for it yet, everyday leads boots coats are all in a drawer in the dinning room, dried food is in a bin under the stairs at the moment , with a box of bits , spare hairdryer etc. vet beds towels blankets on a shelf in the garage and three large freezers also in the garage for the raw food.
cages etc are all in the van with the dog chairs for shows umberella. tarpaulin (when it gets hot) kettle mugs water bottles bowls large roll of paper wipes gosh I didnt realise how much stuff we have , all their paperwork is filled in the study the diary is on the desk with schedules to look through and thise ready to go, I even have a ata base on the puter about shows/judges wins etc..
now how sad am I
or is it just because i too am Virgo LOL
Huggles
b-eye
kirstya72
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-11-2007, 10:22 PM
Ok here goes

Swing bin in the hall cupboard for dried food.
Plastic largish tupperware thingy in pantry (filled up from swing bin every couple of days)
Another smaller one for treats
Large storage box in kitchen cupboard with poo bags, leads, collars, harnesses, torch, treat bag, long lines, dummies and balls (only for walks toys) etc
Smaller box with brushes,clippers,shampoo,ear cleaner, first aid kit etc
Shelf in airing cupboard with towels and blankets.
Toy box in family room
Toy graveyard in back garden
Crates and spare beds in shed
Paperwork, vacc certs, pedigrees etc in filing cabinet under the computer.

Oo er it don't half sound a lot when you put it like that
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2007, 02:13 PM
Originally Posted by b-eye View Post
Snap
I like everything neat and tidy, we have a grooming box which is really an electricians case (lots of sections) 2 cupboards in the kitchen hold treats shampoos spare brushes etc/vet meds etc, blaster is in the dinning room just havent found anywhere suitable for it yet, everyday leads boots coats are all in a drawer in the dinning room, dried food is in a bin under the stairs at the moment , with a box of bits , spare hairdryer etc. vet beds towels blankets on a shelf in the garage and three large freezers also in the garage for the raw food.
cages etc are all in the van with the dog chairs for shows umberella. tarpaulin (when it gets hot) kettle mugs water bottles bowls large roll of paper wipes gosh I didnt realise how much stuff we have , all their paperwork is filled in the study the diary is on the desk with schedules to look through and thise ready to go, I even have a ata base on the puter about shows/judges wins etc..
now how sad am I
or is it just because i too am Virgo LOL
Huggles
b-eye
You Virgos!!!!! :smt002
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2007, 02:22 PM
We put the dog food in the understairs cupboard and I have a plastic box in there with all his toys, show lead/collar and his brush & comb.

There is a cupboard in the kitchen with his treats and I also keep Titos food and spare toys in there!

Upstairs I have a separate drawer for all his paperwork like vaccination cert, pedigree chart etc
Sez & Amber
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-11-2007, 04:17 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Well done on finding that box but I must say that anyone (not you) who is excessively house proud just shouldn't have a dog. Even with the box you bought there will always be one or two toys lying around and in our case there is always fluff and hairs around (They are a long coat breed) There are more important things in life than having a house that looks like it's never been lived in
Definately agree - it was something I had to come to terms with when I decided on house-rabbits. I like my home to look "lived in" (otherwise I may as well have one house for entertaining and one for actually putting things in!), but I like it to be reasonably neat and tidy. I like to be able to invite family or friends over and know that they will be able to sit on the furniture, see the TV if we're watching a movie, and that there is no stacks of paperwork, washing up or laundry lying around.

My ex was rarely home, so I would get my step-mum round (she's my paid carer) and together we would blitz a room every week or so, and because I only really lived out of the bedroom and office, and tend to be neat in the kitchen, the house remained tidy. When my new OH moved in, it was like a bomb hitting the house! And now with the dogs, I think my days of cleanliness are truely over! But it makes me feel better to have certain things (like the dog's stuff) organised, and then I can blame the rest on my OH! Because the mess is now mostly his (or dog-related) I feel bad about asking her to come over, as she is paid to be my carer, not my cleaner .
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2007, 04:48 PM
I remember those days only too well, the organised chaos, and it wasn't until one day my husband was in my downstairs bedroom when his mates had been round for a breakfast before going off racing, that he said, "take a look at your room"!! At that time, my little bed was squashed up in one corner, I had the tiniest of wardrobes (didn't need posh clothes with a horse and two dogs, only muddy fleeces and boots!)and on the floor was a great big double blown up mattress with duvets on for the dogs to sleep on!! Well, they needed a lot of room, two big gsd's tossing and turning all night didn't they! You had to climb over all that to get to my bed and wardrobe!

It made me think when he said that, so I changed my ways and started thinking more along the lines of human occupation for our house instead of dogs and horse (not that he ever moved in!!!) He said it was nice to go round his mate's places and the lounge looked like a lounge instead of covered in dog beds, and the bedrooms looked like actual bedrooms! How very dare he!!!!

Anyway, now it's sparkly new house, no horse, only one dog, and I quite like it actually - makes a pleasant change from 20 years of living living around an obstacle course of dog beds, dog's toys, old bones lying around on the floor! Even back then though, everything had it's place, it's just that I was the only one who knew where to find it!!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

28-11-2007, 05:04 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Anyway, now it's sparkly new house, no horse, only one dog, and I quite like it actually - makes a pleasant change from 20 years of living living around an obstacle course of dog beds, dog's toys, old bones lying around on the floor! Even back then though, everything had it's place, it's just that I was the only one who knew where to find it!!!
I know where all my stuff is until someone moves it
Anyway, there's a huge difference between neat & tidy but lived in, and those houses you see in some of the glossys where you just know no one could actually live in that room 'cos the minute they walk in it wouldn't look like the photo anymore
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2007, 06:18 PM
Oh yes H, entirely agree, especially those bedrooms with the bedlinen looking like it has been ironed on the bed, hundreds of neatly stacked cushions ditto (how long must it take to do all that every morning!!! ) and no space anywhere to put a wardrobe!!! I don't like the showhouse look, but I'm a stickler for neat and tidy well I am now!!!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3