View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
KateM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-11-2007, 03:31 PM
Oh grief, this is going to sound like things are everywhere - but it is organised honest!

dog leads - in cupboard next to front door (spares on pegs in garage/kennels)
dog paperwork - registration, chip/tattoo certificates, vaccination cards/passport, show schedules/passes - in side board in dining room
dog grooming stuff - on grooming table in conseravatory/under raised shower unit in garage
show bags - on grooming table in conservatory
Dog bedding/Towels - on shelving unit in garage
dog food - 4 large bins in garage
dog treat pot and first aid stuff - in cupboard in kitchen
toys, Bones & hooves - should be in one of three curver boxes in house, garage & outside. In reality are all over the place!

anyone get the idea that the dogs are taking over the place?
ALexa
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-11-2007, 04:13 PM
Hmmmm

Most of there things are in what is supposed to be our shoe cabinet just inside the door. Leads are hung up where our keys are meant to be.

Food bowls are scattered all over the house and garden but are supposed to be stacked neatly on top of the food bin.

Spare vet bed is stacked on top of the crates.

Own shelf in the cupboard for dog towels and blankets and the rest of their stuff is kept in their van

I have far more stuff than room really.
Sez & Amber
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-11-2007, 04:20 PM
LOL! At least I'm not the only one who has been suffering with "dog house" syndrome then! Add my two houserabbits into the mix, and you have a bomb site covered in hay .

I'm living in hope that the Dog Box makes a difference, and we could probably do with some kind of toy box as well, because they have permanent access to everything (except those toys that vanish under the sofa, never to be seen again...). I will let you know if it works... (I can dream, right?)
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2007, 04:23 PM
I like everything "in it's place" too, I'm a stickler for that, I want to know where to find things, so I can't stand anything in disarray either!

I was lucky enough to get my o/h to build me a big boot-room when I had the horse - you know the score, come home soaking wet, covered in mud, hay, straw, shavings dogs the same, so everything is kept out there. I've got plastic lidded stackers for Georgie's array of potions and lotions, another one for his grooming, a cupboard for towels to dry him off. HIs leads and collars are hanging on hooks out there and his food is in a big swing bin (well, it was until I took it over for my veg, coz I cook for him now!Lol!) When I had 2 dogs they each had their own swing bin for food though. Having said all of that, a small shelved unit I've got near the back door in the kitchen is slowly being taken over by Georgie stuff, i.e. tablets, creams, his food bowl, so I'm going to clear all that away now you've brought this up!

His paperwork is all in one big folder in my filing cabinet drawer in the office come dining room!

I'm definitely Mrs. Neat and Tidy coz I'm a Virgo and we just can't help ourselves!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-11-2007, 04:26 PM
I have dog and cat cupboards in the utility room that hold everything. Their toys are in a plastic toy box in the conservatory except their balls on ropes which are kept in the car with our boots and jackets.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2007, 05:10 PM
I keep all the dog papers etc in a folder , and all there toys in a cupboard ,The collars and leads i keep on a coat hook in the back hallway ,i believe in a place for everything and everything in its place , the girls believe in organised chaos , i organise they create chaos xxdk
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2007, 06:02 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post
I have a dog cupboard. Actually that is an understatement! I have 3 dog cupborads and a dog drawer, and a wall hook for their everyday leads and collars, and a box for all the other leads and collars and harnesses and long lines and headcollars and muzzles (need I go on? ) that I have aquired throughout the years of dog ownership!

I have their coats hung up beside mine. They have a 2 seater red leather sofa of their own under the stairs! That was a donation by a relative anyway so don't blame me!

They have their own shelf in the airing cupboard for blankets and towels. Oh and they used to have their own wee Christmas tree in my old place for their presents to go under (shared with the cats and purely so their gifts didn't get muddled with my son's of course, and they weren't opening Spiderman whilst he was opening rawhide). :smt043

Oh god i'm such a looser! :smt043
OMG you've stolen my house and put a sofa in it!!!!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2007, 06:05 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I like everything "in it's place" too, I'm a stickler for that, I want to know where to find things, so I can't stand anything in disarray either!

I was lucky enough to get my o/h to build me a big boot-room when I had the horse - you know the score, come home soaking wet, covered in mud, hay, straw, shavings dogs the same, so everything is kept out there. I've got plastic lidded stackers for Georgie's array of potions and lotions, another one for his grooming, a cupboard for towels to dry him off. HIs leads and collars are hanging on hooks out there and his food is in a big swing bin (well, it was until I took it over for my veg, coz I cook for him now!Lol!) When I had 2 dogs they each had their own swing bin for food though. Having said all of that, a small shelved unit I've got near the back door in the kitchen is slowly being taken over by Georgie stuff, i.e. tablets, creams, his food bowl, so I'm going to clear all that away now you've brought this up!

His paperwork is all in one big folder in my filing cabinet drawer in the office come dining room!

I'm definitely Mrs. Neat and Tidy coz I'm a Virgo and we just can't help ourselves!
Oh H that's soooooooo true........my OH is just the same.....I like to be organised but I don't feel the need to put everything away ............not when I'm going to use it again 5 minutes later!!!!!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2007, 06:06 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
I have dog and cat cupboards in the utility room that hold everything. Their toys are in a plastic toy box in the conservatory except their balls on ropes which are kept in the car with our boots and jackets.
OMG forgot the car..........
Toys/poo bags/bowl for water...........
Wellies................
I swear the dogs have more room in the car than we do.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2007, 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Oh H that's soooooooo true........my OH is just the same.....I like to be organised but I don't feel the need to put everything away ............not when I'm going to use it again 5 minutes later!!!!!
..... and that's why we can never find anything, coz you Leo's have borrowed it and haven't put it back where you found it have you!!!!!!!! You never do use it again in 5 mins. though, it's always 4 weeks later!!!!! I can tell he hasn't trained you very well, I might have to give him a few tips!!!!!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >