View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-07-2007, 10:30 AM
Thanks folks. It was strange how she seemed to remember 'things' about the house. I remember the particular pup as she was my favourite from that litter due to her funny markings.
As ma said, "Just because the years have drawn on..doesn't make one any less responsible for an animal they have bred."
Heard today that Katie is quite settled in her new home already, and didn't even whine over night
basi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-07-2007, 10:38 AM
Glad she has settled into her new home.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2007, 10:39 AM
Excellent news, May she go on for a good few years yet!
Becky
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-07-2007, 10:45 AM
I think from the litters bred, the eldest survivor reached a few months short of their eighteenth birthday..and that would have been 'Polka', a big white boy with a few black marks on his head, he died in his sleep about 2 years or so ago. So i think of the 'lines', although they only ever bred such a small number of puppies [my parents ethos was, its quality bred not quantity to claim you have such a strong line going], are quite longlived for staffords
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-07-2007, 11:04 AM
Well done to your Mum thats how all good breeders should operate.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2007, 11:09 AM
Just think how few dogs would go through rescue if that was the case! The onus should be on the breeder to care for what they produce.
Becky
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2007, 02:39 PM
Well done to your mum but even more well done to the gentleman who made sure that his dog would be taken care of after he died & the daughter who followed his wishes. I hope everyone has made it clear to their next of kin & in their will what is to happen to their dog if they die.
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-07-2007, 09:28 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Just think how few dogs would go through rescue if that was the case! The onus should be on the breeder to care for what they produce.
Becky
Exactly the values held in this household, i think Katie is the last..or maybe one of the last remaining 'pups' bred by my parents, but there would always be a place here for any dog that once was born in this house.
Incidentally the breeder i obtained Florrie, who is a first cross, from..sadly passed away, yet her will stipulated her family must stick to her vowe to take any dogs she has bred back if circumstances should change, and this was a woman who bred terrier x's for working/pet homes. Madness when you consider the amount of big breeders who don't do nearly as much as they should, imo.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2007, 11:50 PM
If only all breeders were like this, would save a lot of heartache!

Bet you were chuffed to see the "pup" again, must be nice to know it made it to it's Teens!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2