View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-07-2007, 11:04 PM

What You Call A DEDICATED Breeder, also known as my mother.

As you know..years ago, my parents had staffords and bred the occasional litter..If i recall, three litters. Possibly four as my memory is TERRIBLE, but I'm sure it's three.
No, as it has a habbit of doing, time draws on..and in most cases the pups they bred are no longer with us. However, my mother got a phonecall last weekend..from someone who brought a puppy from her THIRTEEN years ago, a brindle bitch..sold to a man who then was in his sixties, sadly this chap has died..and his daughter contacted my mother, saying how her father said the dog MUST be returned tot he breeder if anything was to happen as this was part of the contract [my parents were quite fearsome and blunt in the way they got their point across too potential owners], and his daughter lives in America..and had come over when her father was ill. She was returning to the states, and obviously had to rehome the dog.
Now..bearing in mind this dog was bred by my parents thirteen years ago..over a decade yes?
She was dropped off here Saturday morning and went off to a new home, with family friends of ours, where "Katie" will live out her days.
Must say I was quite proud to call my mother my mother, I'm not sure many breeders who take a pup back and find a suitable home over a decade after the dog was bred by them.
She was such a sweet dog, not good with others though she was made to keep away from our two But a lovely dog, I remember her well due to the funny white mark on her muzzle.
In my eyes, of course being bias as I come from the woman, but if more breeders exercised such an attitude in just the 'shorter term' [let alone after this amount of time], the dog world would be a bloody better place!
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2007, 11:12 PM
Thats really nice that the owner thought so much of your mother to have the dog go back to her.you should be proud sad that katie lost her master but lucky that she had your mum to find her a new home
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

29-07-2007, 11:17 PM
That's an amazing story.

It must be a bit strange having a dog back that she had as a pup all those years ago.
Wish
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-07-2007, 11:36 PM
What an angel she is, good for her:smt049
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2007, 01:03 AM
What an exemplary and perfect example of a good ethical breeder, this is exactly how it should be

Not only for doing the right thing at the sad loss of the gentleman who has passed away but the fact that she obviously chose well for where her pups were going in the first place.

This should be a lesson for all breeders who fall short of whats right, follow this wonderful example of how to do things properly !

Honorary reppies and :smt058 :smt038 to you mum from me Luke
[ and thread stars, five stars for a five star breeder ! ]
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2007, 07:15 AM
Big pat on the back for your mum. I've taken dogs back that I've bred regardless of age and rehomed them. I was devastated when I found out one of my pups had been homed to a bloke they met in the field. I was in tears because I still do not know to this day where he went and whether he had a better life
Becky
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2007, 07:22 AM
Well done to Lukes Mum!!! if only all breeders were like that!

Alex
xx
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2007, 07:29 AM
Well done to your mum, this is something all breeders should be able to do, but sadly many fall short of their promises. I would like to think should anything happen to the families of the pups I bred I would be the first port of call if the dog needs rehoming, no matter what their ages. good mum there you have some mighty big shoes to fill

Mo
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2007, 08:15 AM
Originally Posted by mo View Post
Well done to your mum, this is something all breeders should be able to do, but sadly many fall short of their promises. I would like to think should anything happen to the families of the pups I bred I would be the first port of call if the dog needs rehoming, no matter what their ages. good mum there you have some mighty big shoes to fill

Mo

its in my contract,if by some chance you cant keep my baby,in a few months or years down the line please bring them home,and if you need any help what so ever please call,or come here and wel help.
thats always in my contracts and should be in any breeders contract,and if not they shouldnt be breeding full stop.
congratulations to your mom for holding up her contract 13 years down the line,give her my wishes a fine lady xxx
basi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-07-2007, 10:16 AM
Good on your mum for doing the responsible thing in taking the dog back.
I have also got this in my contract for people that I have sold puppies to. Years ago my mum sold a puppy to someone then got a phone call from the local rescue a fews years later saying that they had a buhund brought in and thought that it might be one of ours which sure enough it was. They just decided they didn't want her anymore so my mum went and picked her up and then rehomed her herself. It helped that my mum knew the manager of the local rescue as she use to go and groom and clip any dogs that came in in a mess and made that her contribution towards the charity.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >