View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

19-07-2007, 09:27 PM
Hi Mags Thinking of you and sending you vibes to help you get through tomorrow. Try to celebrate his life and not his death. Know it is not easy when you have so many reminders so close at hand, but Oscar was such a happy boy and as I have told you previously there was such a special love and bond between you that he would not want you to be blaming yourself or to be sad.
Sincerely as ever Eunicexx
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2007, 09:30 PM
I often find myself sitting wondering how you are getting on lately Mags, I just wish there was more I could do to help you through this difficult time. Words just don't seem enough just want to reach out and give you a big cuddle!

You did everything right by little Oscar, gave him the best life a dog could wish for, gave him all the love in the world and for that I know he is eternally grateful. There was nothing you could have done sweety, but he would have been happy right up to the very end. Saying that, please don't think of this as the end - just a pause in the story - and one day, the story will continue when you and Oscar are back together again, in each others arms where you belong.

((((((HUGS)))))) Hayley xxxxxx
maebme
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2007, 09:01 AM
Originally Posted by sarah8 View Post
I am truly sorry for your loss, I too lost my baby on Monday and she was only three. It is heartbreaking to lose them so young in their prime. I felt robbed of a long life with a wonderful friend. Like you I am still trying to come to terms with it all. I blamed myself but now I just feel angry that it was all so unfair. He looks a lovely dog in your pictures and your description of him is wonderful. He was lucky to have such a wonderful mum and I'm sure no one could have loved him anymore than you. Sarah
Oh Sarah, I see you are a new member and I do not know you but I do know how much pain you are suffering at the moment. Being 'robbed of a long life with a wonderful friend' just seems to sum things up - and yes, that is how I feel too. And he truly was a friend, who would have stood by me no matter what. I know that like me, Sarah, you will find tremendous support and compassion on this forum and I would urge you to take every opportunity to express your feelings. This will go a long way towards helping you to come to terms with things. Nothing will bring our wee friends back, but our friends on this forum understand only too well what we are going through. Please do not hesitate to PM me if you like. I will always be here for you.

Originally Posted by lovezois View Post
Hi Mags Thinking of you and sending you vibes to help you get through tomorrow. Try to celebrate his life and not his death. Know it is not easy when you have so many reminders so close at hand, but Oscar was such a happy boy and as I have told you previously there was such a special love and bond between you that he would not want you to be blaming yourself or to be sad.
Sincerely as ever Eunicexx
Eunice, thank you, but yes, the road outside is a constant reminder of a love lost. It means so much to me that you can say you noticed that special bond between us. Sometimes I think maybe it was just my imagination, but to hear it from someone else is a great consolation. Thankfully, with all the help I have received on this forum, I am beginning to realise that it was not my fault - it was an accident, albeit a cruel one. Thank you dear friend.

Originally Posted by Mummy2Max View Post
I often find myself sitting wondering how you are getting on lately Mags, I just wish there was more I could do to help you through this difficult time. Words just don't seem enough just want to reach out and give you a big cuddle!

You did everything right by little Oscar, gave him the best life a dog could wish for, gave him all the love in the world and for that I know he is eternally grateful. There was nothing you could have done sweety, but he would have been happy right up to the very end. Saying that, please don't think of this as the end - just a pause in the story - and one day, the story will continue when you and Oscar are back together again, in each others arms where you belong.

((((((HUGS)))))) Hayley xxxxxx
thank you so much Hayley - my family and friends have all tried cuddling me and - it is just not the same. doggy cuddles are so so special. and Oscar's were the most special in the whole world! I am hoping that one day I will be able to imagine one of his cuddles, but for now it seems to be impossible!
Maybe after today things will start to get better. I had been so looking forward to his first birthday and planned a wee photoshoot so I could post them on here and send some to his breeders. Instead I have lit a candle and left it at his grave........

.........I like spending time there and quietly savouring the sounds and smells and feel of the air on my face like he did each morning. It helps.
maebme
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2007, 10:14 AM
I found this photo of Oscar in the garden right on the spot

where he is now buried.......

Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2007, 11:26 AM
Hi Mags, little freckleface obviously loved it there, may he rest in peace. I love that picture soo much!
Olly
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2007, 11:40 AM
oh dear what a sad but lovely tribute ,i think you have put into words what every true animal lover feels at the loss of a specail freind ,sorry there are no words to make your heart feel lighter .
maebme
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2007, 12:26 PM
Thank you Tracey. I did try to upload the photo of his grave , but I have been unsuccessful each time. Perhaps Oscar is trying to tell me to remember the good times!
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2007, 12:28 PM
he was a real cute little freckle was't he

love to you M x
maebme
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2007, 12:31 PM
Originally Posted by Olly View Post
oh dear what a sad but lovely tribute ,i think you have put into words what every true animal lover feels at the loss of a specail freind ,sorry there are no words to make your heart feel lighter .

Ollie, yes the tribute has kind of blossomed and seems to have touched many people - something which was typical of Oscar himself. Every word is helping though. Tears seem to be bringing healing and so the whole thread has become very cathartic.
maebme
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2007, 12:33 PM
Originally Posted by Inca View Post
he was a real cute little freckle was't he

love to you M x

Thank you Lise, he was the cutest wee freckle ever! and I was very blessed to have him in my life for a short time.
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >