Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
maebme
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2007, 02:33 PM
Originally Posted by Harry25 View Post
I'm now cryng over my lunch. that was such a lovely letter to little Oscar. My thoughts are with you. x
Thank you so much - I cry every time I read the posts on this thread. It is good to know that so many of you really care and understand what I am going through.

Originally Posted by Chrisjonesxx View Post
When this happens to me and mine, as it surely will, if I can think, let alone write anything as fitting and beautiful, I shall be thankful. I didn't know Oscar, but I also feel his loss. My thoughts are with you.
Hello, Chris. Yes it will happen to every dog owner at some point. But, I hope that your beloved ones will live to a ripe old age and not be taken so young and full of life ..... so vital. I think for you Oscar will become that part of your own dogs which you love most. Thank you for sharing my grief.

Originally Posted by Trixybird View Post
Mags, you know you and your little Oscar have been in my thoughts, and continue to be. That was a lovely letter and treasured pictures of mr freckle face xxxxx
Thank you Trace, yes and I have been thinking about you too, as this must surely bring back sad memories for you. The way you call him Mr. Freckleface made my heart leap.........don't know why...just soemthing beautiful about it.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2007, 02:43 PM
Hi Mags, you already know my thoughts on this,
I often think about how your getting by since this happend,
I hope it gets less painful for you soon,
thinking of you, run free wee oscar, the pics are fab, truely a wee posser,,,, and rightly so,
love shona xxx
Petstalk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2007, 03:09 PM
A really beautiful letter, Thankyou for sharing. You and Mr Freckle face always in my thoughts. He had the love and personality as bright as the Sun. Missed so much, loved and Cherished by all
Schnauzerbabe
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-07-2007, 07:59 PM
Oh that was such a moving tribute to your dear dog Oscar life is so unfair to take them away so young I too would be devastated to lose my little friend...
He was beautiful...
Sue and Lexi
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-07-2007, 08:17 PM
Mags you did nothing wrong but everything right for him, you wouldn't have had such a special bond with him.
He was taken too soon, which is 1 of the most painful things any owner can accept or adjust too.
But please remember you had some time together and what you had was special and can never be taken away.
It does become easier to cope with the loss in time, although every day is a batlle at the moment emotionally.
He was a special boy, to show you the love of life he did, please try and keep positive for him.
I am sure he wouldn't like to see you the way your feeling.
Take care of yourself, we are all here if or when you need us.
maebme
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2007, 09:34 AM
Originally Posted by dougiepit View Post
Hi Mags, you already know my thoughts on this,
I often think about how your getting by since this happend,
I hope it gets less painful for you soon,
thinking of you, run free wee oscar, the pics are fab, truely a wee posser,,,, and rightly so,
love shona xxx
He was a wee poser wasn't he? He knew he was beautiful. It is going to take a while to get over him though. Thank you for caring.

Originally Posted by Petstalk View Post
A really beautiful letter, Thankyou for sharing. You and Mr Freckle face always in my thoughts. He had the love and personality as bright as the Sun. Missed so much, loved and Cherished by all
Thank you so much P, he was certainly a bright light in my life. I keep going over the events and blaming myself.........that this light should have been snuffed out so soon.

Originally Posted by Schnauzerbabe View Post
Oh that was such a moving tribute to your dear dog Oscar life is so unfair to take them away so young I too would be devastated to lose my little friend...
He was beautiful...
Sue and Lexi
Thank you so much Sue.........I cannot quite come to terms with losing him so early in his young life. But he lived and loved to the full........right up to the last second.

Originally Posted by leo View Post
Mags you did nothing wrong but everything right for him, you wouldn't have had such a special bond with him.
He was taken too soon, which is 1 of the most painful things any owner can accept or adjust too.
But please remember you had some time together and what you had was special and can never be taken away.
It does become easier to cope with the loss in time, although every day is a batlle at the moment emotionally.
He was a special boy, to show you the love of life he did, please try and keep positive for him.
I am sure he wouldn't like to see you the way your feeling.
Take care of yourself, we are all here if or when you need us.
You are so right. He would be dreadfully distressed to see me like this..he would climb up on my shoulder to protect me and he would lick the tears from my face, stopping every so often to look at me questioningly with his head to one side. Then he would run and get his favourite toy to present to me........and then curl up on my knee, and just be there for me.........
Thank you too for being there for me at this time.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-07-2007, 07:50 PM
We will always be there for you, the bond and love we had never goes away, we just learn how to go on without them in the flesh.
You have lost some one very special to you, don't be so hard on yourself.
We have all been there at some point and will be again in time, but i believe the good times out weigh the bad.
The memories every one of us have can never be taken away,if there is such a place as rainbow bridge it will be the place i plan to go and be re united with every 1 of mine.
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2007, 08:03 PM
you really didnt do anything at all...... I had my baby taken from me and she had only turned two....it was so so very heartbreaking, but I know I will see her again at the bridge, theres no doubt about that. I still find it hard to talk of her, she was my angel, she got knocked down outside my house... It is just so very sad, but little oscar will be at the bridge......xxxxxx
maebme
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2007, 09:02 PM
Originally Posted by leo View Post
We will always be there for you, the bond and love we had never goes away, we just learn how to go on without them in the flesh.
You have lost some one very special to you, don't be so hard on yourself.
We have all been there at some point and will be again in time, but i believe the good times out weigh the bad.
The memories every one of us have can never be taken away,if there is such a place as rainbow bridge it will be the place i plan to go and be re united with every 1 of mine.
thank you so much for being so understanding and your kind words are a great comfort to me. I will try to lighten up on the guilt. x

Originally Posted by annajennison View Post
you really didnt do anything at all...... I had my baby taken from me and she had only turned two....it was so so very heartbreaking, but I know I will see her again at the bridge, theres no doubt about that. I still find it hard to talk of her, she was my angel, she got knocked down outside my house... It is just so very sad, but little oscar will be at the bridge......xxxxxx
Oh Anna, I am so so sorry about your little angel. You so must understand the pain I feel every time I look out of the window or go out the front door, because the place where he died is right in front of me.
Tomorrow he would have been 1 year old..........
sarah8
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-07-2007, 09:22 PM
I am truly sorry for your loss, I too lost my baby on Monday and she was only three. It is heartbreaking to lose them so young in their prime. I felt robbed of a long life with a wonderful friend. Like you I am still trying to come to terms with it all. I blamed myself but now I just feel angry that it was all so unfair. He looks a lovely dog in your pictures and your description of him is wonderful. He was lucky to have such a wonderful mum and I'm sure no one could have loved him anymore than you. Sarah
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >