Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-07-2008, 07:56 AM

A couple of reasons why I hate summer.

Long grass, I hate the stuff, having Star whos idea of recall is when called walking back like he has all day my heart is always in my mouth as I can see him in the stuff and he takes longer then the other two to come back and with him walking slow you hardly see any movement of the grass.

Another thing is the amount of flys about, there seems to be more and more each year.

Star also hates it as he is not good in the heat.

So roll on winter
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-07-2008, 08:10 AM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
So roll on winter
I thought this was winter.
Sat in my fleece again this morning

Sydney is like that when she recalls - just trots along in her own time
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-07-2008, 08:12 AM
Originally Posted by RRmum View Post
I thought this was winter.
Sat in my fleece again this morning

Sydney is like that when she recalls - just trots along in her own time
Its boiling up here and its still early.

Gald hes not the only one.
deez
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-07-2008, 08:25 AM
i live in a seaside town, so its full of holiday makers. its been like winter lately so the dog walkers where the only ones on the beach- now its full of screaming kids, so have to take dogs out early and late, or we have to travel to get to some woods.
weather getting hotter this week, so have to be careful with the mallys. yep roll on winter
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2008, 08:38 AM
Originally Posted by deez View Post
i live in a seaside town, so its full of holiday makers. its been like winter lately so the dog walkers where the only ones on the beach- now its full of screaming kids, so have to take dogs out early and late, or we have to travel to get to some woods.
weather getting hotter this week, so have to be careful with the mallys. yep roll on winter
We're in a very touristy area also... lots of static caravan parks around by the beach...

In our case it means screaming kids, strange dogs, people cycling on a footpath that clearly states "No Cycling" every few hundred yards, and no parking in the village!!
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2008, 08:58 AM
Yep roll on winter I say! I hate it, my list is endless and the dogs seem to be constantly worn out! The mossies are out in full force, grass seeds, ants - I could go on and on but I wont!
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2008, 09:18 AM
lol! I wish it was summer here! cold and breezy. We dont live anywhere near the seaside but since the weather has got a little better there does definately seem to be alot more dogs in the park near us, fairweather walkers i think, never saw them in the rainy horrid march mornings!
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2008, 09:29 AM
lovely warm morning here its said to be 27 today

love the summer esp evenings when not at work...bottle of wine in the garden in the evening and all that lovely line dried washing urmmmm
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2008, 09:35 AM
If you put a little bell on his collar you can hear him. Shamus disappears in long grass but I can hear him because his metal tag slaps against his collar when he moves.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-07-2008, 09:39 AM
I love the Summer Ollie doesn't like it hot though. So we walk early and late when its hot. He comes along in his own time too and has a lay down and a roll in the long grass along the way. I worry about the seeds getting up his nose or in his ears, but as yet no problems.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >