Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nelson's Mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-05-2007, 07:55 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
eh??? who is Alfie? and what was the point behind this show story? and how does it relate to the quote about banding lambs you added?
i am a little confused by your posts sometimes, to be honest
ALFIE was just a bit of satire (as in joke). the reason why i refered to lambs tails was to highlight the hipocracy of the act. they have double standards. if dog docking is illegal, why is it still legal to dock lambs tails ??
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2007, 07:58 PM
i imagine it is because if lambs tails are left they may suffer form fly strike, a thoroughly unpleasant thing to happen. I don't agree with the docking of lambs tails either though...
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2007, 08:01 PM
awe canni have ya feelin left out
:smt016 :smt016 :smt091 :smt019 :smt019 :smt019 :smt091 :smt016 :smt016

Originally Posted by Patch View Post
I`m trying for the Shona Raspberry Blowing Award, Ramble is way head of me for those
:smt019

Me blow rasbs at Ramble :smt009 :smt104 :smt105 :smt037
never, not me and ramble we never have a tiff we are like to peas in a pod us :smt075
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2007, 08:03 PM
:smt019 :smt019 :smt019 :smt019 :smt019 :smt019 :smt019 :smt019 :smt019 :smt019 :smt016 :smt016 :smt016 :smt016 :smt019 :smt019 :smt019 :smt019 :smt019
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
i imagine it is because if lambs tails are left they may suffer form fly strike, a thoroughly unpleasant thing to happen. I don't agree with the docking of lambs tails either though...
I do believe I have explained the reasons for this in another thread, so will not go into it again,,,,Ramble .. :smt039
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2007, 08:08 PM
I tend to find most things online tbh, and news about parvo outbreaks etc are usually on the local TV and radio news and local papers which is much quicker to notify people than monthly mags

can you post a link for the parvo outbreaks, It would be handy, I had remembered someone metioned it before, but couldnt find anything, with rottys being more prone to parvo it would be useful to know what areas have outbreaks, I had a chat with James my vet the other day about parvo and he told me its not just rotts who are more prone to it, he said any breed of dog that is black and tan is more likely to have less immunity from it,,,it makes you think eh!
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-05-2007, 08:09 PM
intersting. why are rotties more prone?

sorry, didnt read yr post properly
Nelson's Mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-05-2007, 08:11 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
My dogs are also exercised in dense undergrowth, woods, fields, you name it, they're exercised in it!!! They have never sustained a tail injury and that includes our Beautiful Flat Coat boy, who has quite a narrow tail, but a 'wag' that could break bones if you're not careful. Not one injury...

You seem to be sugeesting that the docking ban should be overruled because people won't buy undocked pups, well thats the whole point, they will, because if they REALLY like that breed for the right reasons (ie not just a 'look) then they will still pursue getting a pup, even, horror of horrors, if it has a tail!
the point i've been trying to make all day is that you won't have a choice to have a docked puppy if you want one, they've taken away the right of the individual to have a docked puppy. some people may want a traditionally docked breed WITH a tail, good luck to them, it's their choice, but many many people have had their right to buy a docked puppy taken away from them .
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2007, 08:11 PM
I`m trying for the Shona Raspberry Blowing Award, Ramble is way head of me for those
I missed this.
Thanks Shona for pointing it out!!!
Hoorah!!!
I finally won an award!!!! :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt040
And what a nice one it is too!!!
Shona's rasberrys always make me smile!!!

We may... :smt021 :smt021 :smt021 :smt021 :smt021 somewhat, but it's always frinedly banter!!!!
Good friends really! :smt052 :smt058

As for lambs tails, you have explained it really well Shona, I can't find the thread to put a link in though, can you?
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2007, 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by Nelson's Mum View Post
the point i've been trying to make all day is that you won't have a choice to have a docked puppy if you want one, they've taken away the right of the individual to have a docked puppy. some people may want a traditionally docked breed WITH a tail, good luck to them, it's their choice, but many many people have had their right to buy a docked puppy taken away from them .
And what choice do the dogs have???
Why do you think it has been banned?
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2007, 08:23 PM
http://www.rspca.org.uk/servlet/Sate...=1139667873389

It hurts the pups. Therefore is is right that there is a ban IMO.
Page 7 of 30 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 > Last »