Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2007, 06:22 PM
Originally Posted by dougiepit View Post
Ah patch but im a bit dopey it would have been better worded, "those of the limited few" or "the small percentage that are aware of new laws or the like,
I`m trying for the Shona Raspberry Blowing Award, Ramble is way head of me for those
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2007, 06:28 PM
Originally Posted by Nelson's Mum View Post
before the act went through, most the vets sat on the fence and said very little about it. now a press statement says 31% of them would not object to a return to docking.
Can you provide a link to the press statement please.
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2007, 06:30 PM
Its kind of weird nobody has had a bad word to say about banding, cant understand why a blanket ban on docking. I myself can understand the need for docking and it aint for cosmetic reasons especially the cockers and springers. My guess with the rotts its to stop them being grabbed by the tail correct me if im wrong or if there is another reason i would love to know lol
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2007, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by boobah View Post
Imagine all the dogs from other countries who have docked tails,imported dogs wont be allowed to be shown here neither and will they stop them from being imported to here too?That would be a shame as many a champ in this country has been bred from an imported dog
Many other countries banned docking years ago so those would not have been bringing docked dogs to Show here anyway.
A notable Crufts winner incidentally was an undocked foreign owned Poodle :smt001
Nelson's Mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-05-2007, 06:32 PM
perhaps if our so called parliamentary representatives had done a bit more research before rushing to pass this act they might have realised that dog docking is only the tip of a large iceberg.They have not considered where the anti-docking minorities campaigns might lead to. I beleive they will not stop at dog docking. there are plenty more areas the can take there work to ie. the farming communities. then lets see where that leads to. I dont think the farmers will sit back willy nilly and let the government interfere with the way they treat their animals.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2007, 06:37 PM
Originally Posted by boobah View Post
Its kind of weird nobody has had a bad word to say about banding,
Probably because this thread is to do with Showing and related law rather than about docking methods.

There was recent thread on banding

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=60252
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2007, 06:43 PM
perhaps if our so called parliamentary representatives had done a bit more research before rushing to pass this act they might have realised that dog docking is only the tip of a large iceberg.They have not considered where the anti-docking minorities campaigns might lead to. I beleive they will not stop at dog docking. there are plenty more areas the can take there work to ie. the farming communities. then lets see where that leads to. I dont think the farmers will sit back willy nilly and let the government interfere with the way they treat their animals.
There was considerable research done by them, many, many political discussions, with consultations among interested parties, medical input, pro-docking organisations and individuals, points of all types discussed for and against.
This is not something which has been done suddenly on whim, the process [ because of political fact-finding ] went on and on for many years first.
Nelson's Mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-05-2007, 06:45 PM
there was an item in last months Dog World paper
Nelson's Mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-05-2007, 06:48 PM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
Can you provide a link to the press statement please.
sorry I'm a bit new to this game forgot to provide the link. It was last months Dog World
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2007, 06:49 PM
there was an item in last months Dog World paper
Many of us here don`t get the doggy press [ myself included ]. Can you be more specific or find a link to it online ?
Page 5 of 30 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »