Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
AnneUK
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-05-2007, 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by zoeybeau1 View Post
when i worked in rescue we had lots of dogs that sleepout in the open runs rather than sleep in the kennel,
I don't blame them, the run gives more mental stimulation and are usually more spacious than the kennel. A lot of rescues are now trying to make their kennels more 'home' like to reduce stress levels, both the Dogs Trust and the Mayhew knocked down their kennels and built dog rooms instead.
spot
Dogsey Veteran

15-05-2007, 09:47 PM
isint it the whole point of these descussion threads,peoples opinons,and thats just your opionion isnt it.
Well obviously its my opinion thats why I put IMO! Im not sure I understand your point here?

As I said all my dogs given the choice much prefer to be inside with me on the sofa. Like you I thought these discussions were to give opinion so I gave mine, is there a problem with that?
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2007, 10:53 PM
I don't have a problem with kennelled dogs as long as they're well looked after etc.

Many serious Gundog people believe that it's essential to kennel a dog so that it's more keen to work with you, having been absent from you for most of the day. That I don't get, I have to say! Sure, training a "housed" Gundog may take more time or be a bit more difficult, but even so what's the point of keeping a dog only to be absent from it most of the time. However, I do understand that some see dogs purely as a tool, it's just not for me.

But apart from that I see no problem with it and I would consider it when out at work or in the Winter to try and keep the house clean.

I really can see how they'd be a life saver for someone with many dogs!
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-05-2007, 10:58 PM
Some people keep horses.... whats the point in that.. can't take them inside But just like dogs.. if they are being looked after properly and exercised etc... can't see the harm at all
bullterrier
Dogsey Junior
Male 

15-05-2007, 11:01 PM
We kennel our`s if we are out of the house for more than an hour & a half otherwise my bitch eats the shoe rack in the conservatory. They each have their own run & kennel but for the most part we put them in together, my bitch tends to spend most of her time on the roof watching the world go by.
They`re padlocked in with 2 padlocks on each door, there is a roof that goes over the kennel & run. My elderley neighbours have a window that looks over the runs & the old fella is always sticking his head over the fence talking to them. So for the most part they`re pretty secure, but when we are in the house so are the dogs. I don`t think they particularly like their kennels, they like their home comforts to much,but they`ve been a godsend for us, . It`s a bit strange but my dog won`t go to the toilet in his kennel ever, but when we let him out he goes to the toilet straight away.
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2007, 12:48 PM
Originally Posted by spot View Post
Well obviously its my opinion thats why I put IMO! Im not sure I understand your point here?

As I said all my dogs given the choice much prefer to be inside with me on the sofa. Like you I thought these discussions were to give opinion so I gave mine, is there a problem with that?

why would i have a problem,you agreed in another thread you didnt think it fair for dogs to sleep outside mine sleep out side and are very happy dogs,as another poster said,if dogs live in pairs they have there own pack,i was stating thats just your opionin and isnt what this is all about,i dont care if you dont agree with my dogs sleeping outside or not i was voiceing mo,as were you,if you feel i was attacking you not my problem if you cant take fair critism over your post,not my problem, and i think personal attacks are a bit off topic dont you
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2007, 12:56 PM
i to have to agree its is getting a bit of topic scorpio started this thread for something to chat about and for ppl personal opinons but it appears to be turning into personall attacks on certain members, not what was intended by it at all ,it started out a friendly debate and matter of opinions but its getting personall (ie if you dnt agree with my opinion then your being attacked )and thats just my opinion .
spot
Dogsey Veteran

16-05-2007, 01:03 PM
isint it the whole point of these descussion threads,peoples opinons,and thats just your opionion isnt it.
Firstly this was your first response to a post of mine, I just didnt understand the point you was trying to make, like you I thought these threads was to put our opinions which is all I was doing!

i was stating thats just your opionin and isnt what this is all about,:
Sorry but Im confused you say its all about our own opinions but then it isnt what its all about.

i dont care if you dont agree with my dogs sleeping outside or not i was voiceing mo,as were you,if you feel i was attacking you not my problem if you cant take fair critism over your post,not my problem, and i think personal attacks are a bit off topic dont you
Nope didnt think you were attacking me at all just wondered what point you were making about it being my opinion as I'd already stated I had put IMO so again didnt understand your post. If your happy with your dogs outside fine, I wouldnt be but again thats up to me.

I didnt realise you were criticising my post just pointing out that it was my opinion, again something I had already done. Im not sure where I've personally attacked you at all apart from having a different opinion to you, sorry if you think thats a personal attack I can only apologise.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2007, 02:15 PM
Great thread as always scorpio i for one have really enjoyed this debate and all the different opinons its been very interseting (tried to give you rep points for it buti have to spread some around first )sorry but will do when im allowed xxDKxx
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2007, 02:29 PM
Just to return to your original question, I don't have any problem with kennels if the dogs are happy & comfortable. I must say however Toby would not like to be in a kennel, he gets all huffy/worried if we shut the kitchen door while he is in the garden, wants to come straight in, the big jesse
Page 6 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 >