Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2006, 09:00 PM

Went to the GP, sent to hospital!

On Sunday, during a gentle bike ride I had a funny 'turn'. I was walking for a little while (2 young children, can't just keep going and going!) and all of a sudden I had trouble breathing. It soon passed, but I felt as though my chest was squashed and airway tight for the rest of the day. I felt the same yesterday, and when I got up and still felt the same I rang the doctors.
I was lucky enough to get an appointment for 9.20am. Went in, told him what went on and after listening to my chest, said I was to go see the nurse for an ECG and Oxygen Saturation Level test, then go back in to see him.

Both tests were fine, but he wasn't happy and said he wanted to rule out a pulmonary embolism! Was to go to hospital straight away.

Kev came home and drove me over, and after heart tracing, chest x-ray, blood tests and some general prodding, they decided that I was still uncomfortable with my breathing that painkillers and a nebuliser with salbutamol would be a good idea - that felt so much better! I was left after that with just oxygen for a while, finally I could breath without any problem. I was left with a bruised feeling in my chest.

All my tests were fine, but because the salbutamol worked I have been given an inhaler. Not got asthma, but for some reason my breathing went funny, no reason given though. I have to get fitter, that will help I'm sure.

I am now absolutely shattered - the combination of painkillers they gave me made me feel quite woosy but the have worn off so just feel tired and a little uncomfortable again.

Just thought I would share my 'different' day with you all!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2006, 09:17 PM
0mg Trish that must all have been very scary for you I hate hospitals When I was pregnant with Rhianna I had a few palpitations and my GP booked me in for an ECG but I cancelled it I'm still here anyhow and that was nearly 6 years ago

Hope you are feeling better soon, sounds like you have had a scary time, try to rest and take it easy for a bit and put your feet up. ((((((((((((((((((BIG HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))))
Joanne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-06-2006, 09:48 PM
Hi Trish, glad you are feeling a bit better now.

It must have been very scary for you. I know the feeling as I have asthma and when I get bad its like what you descibed.

When I have a bad cold and it goes in my chest I cant even walk up the stairs without stopping and getting really out of breath. I have also had cramps in my legs and feet once while on the way to the doctors for the nebuliser through lack of oxygen.

Just look after yourself and take things easy for a while too.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2006, 10:22 PM
Aw babe what a shock you had! I'm so glad it wasn't am embolism. Could it have been a combination of the exertion in that heat and resulting pollution that was reported that caused breathing difficulties? It was a really nasty, hot day on Sunday. A friend of mine runs and did a race and he was feeling rough all day afterwards.
HUGS>
xxx
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2006, 10:29 PM
Hope you are feeling better, take it easy tomorrow and try to rest as much as you can.
minda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-06-2006, 10:49 PM
Scary! Doctors always have to play on the safe side if anyone comes in with anything to do with breathing or chest discomfort though.

I wonder what caused it? Make sure you keep an eye on it and don't go overdoing things.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-06-2006, 05:29 AM
So scary for you,glad you are ok and now have an inhaler,must be the hot weather,Hubbie had bad hayfever a few years ago and for that summer needed and inhaler,just a one off.
Take it easy and rest for a few days.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2006, 05:33 AM
Sounds horrid Trish - get some rest honey - sounds like that's what's needed now xxx
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2006, 05:48 AM
hope you feel better soon - just try and take it easy for a few days
lillybet
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2006, 06:57 AM
sorry you have and such a crap few day's . i hope you feel much better soon.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >