Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2013, 09:31 AM

Taking different route to Salt Lake

Instead of driving right to it and parking there, now it's a bit cooler we half drove half walked there. Lake is in the road parallel to mine but no 'cut across' possible until almost right at the other end of the road to where we live.

So we parked the little yellow peril at the end of my road, other side of the new park and cut thro the park (nearly slipped and fell on wet marble - sprinklers had been on!) you can just see the yellow menace in the background

Crossed the dual carriageway (main airport road but never busy)

Bella wants to 'shortcut' but no way since my spider bite in the 'rough' we are entering via the car parking!

This is why we ain't shortcutting - have to jump this ditch and its where I got bit by the spider!

Nearly there Bella - be patient!

And she's OFF! (In both directions) she was down there off and running before I got onto the shore! (it's spot the dawg time again - probly have to zoom to see her!)

Wot no lizards?

Gazing out across the salt (no doubt wondering where her little scaly playmates have all got to!)

Hell of a longer walk back to the car because about 6 municipality workers were in the park (just to turn the sprinklers off - no wonder Cyprus is bust!) and dogs are not allowed in there. So it was a walk right to the end and left round the hairpin and back on ourselves to get to the yellow peril.

Feet washed, fed and been fast asleep at my feet ever since!
Anniebee
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-11-2013, 10:09 AM
I love that look on her face as she's gazing out looking for the lizards!!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2013, 10:15 AM
Originally Posted by Anniebee View Post
I love that look on her face as she's gazing out looking for the lizards!!
Yeah. She loves it down here. And almost always it's just us two. Well apart from her lizzy lizards - they are only little ones but she loves chasing them. Got a vid on here somewhere of her chasing lizards - zig zag zig zag lol!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2013, 04:51 PM
Here's the little vid of her chasing lizards down there when it's hotter.

http://youtu.be/abdXNh0JO-0
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

26-11-2013, 09:46 PM
Stunning photos and a great clip.

Many thanks for sharing
Tessabelle
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-11-2013, 10:12 PM
Great photos Tang! Love her looking for the lizards, and really love the clip!
BlueJay
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2013, 10:37 PM
Eurgh, spiders Did Bellasaurus not protect her mummy from them nasty critters??

I love the way she walks
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2013, 06:54 AM
Great photos of your walk with the adorable Bella What a fantastic place to walk dogs and not a soul in sight Definitely no sign of a frost there
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2013, 07:30 AM
Very quiet there isn't it, especially on that main airport road. Awwww, at the little Bella zoooooming off into the distance in her search for lizards, she's such a little sweetheart Blimey, did you slide down that scrubby bank in your flipflops the day you got bitten You wouldn't get me walking through any of that scrubby stuff in a foreign country, but then I am a bit of a wuzz when it comes to spiders, not just cos of the bites.

When you say salt lake, is that water there, or just a hard, salt crust then? Next time you go to the beach, can you give us some pics of that too please, I'd like to see your beach. Are you on the med (sorry, but geography of that part of the world isn't my strong point, I'm more of a rug girl ).

Looks a lovely part of the world anyway, especially as you seem to have it all to yourself
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2013, 08:56 AM
Originally Posted by BlueJay View Post
Eurgh, spiders Did Bellasaurus not protect her mummy from them nasty critters?? I love the way she walks
HER? Protect ME? That's a laugh!

Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
Great photos of your walk with the adorable Bella What a fantastic place to walk dogs and not a soul in sight Definitely no sign of a frost there
Yes Jenny when I read about yours I often think how lovely it would be if you had such a fantastic place to walk them where you are 99.9% guaranteed not to see another dog or another soul. Ain't seen another dog down there this year yet!
*see my latest pics when I put them up tho - today was the 1% lol!

Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Very quiet there isn't it, especially on that main airport road.
Well airport road - only has much traffic on it when planes have landed and it's the 'old' airport now. New one built 5 miles up the road further West. And most people head towards Limassol and Paphos in the other direction. I live in the East (wouldn't live in Paphos if they paid me!)

Awwww, at the little Bella zoooooming off into the distance in her search for lizards, she's such a little sweetheart Blimey, did you slide down that scrubby bank in your flipflops the day you got bitten You wouldn't get me walking through any of that scrubby stuff in a foreign country, but then I am a bit of a wuzz when it comes to spiders, not just cos of the bites.
Been going down there for more than 6 yrs and that was the only incident. I love most of the 'creatures' you find there at different times of the year - lizards, butterflies and birds - it is a migratory bird site I feel honoured to see the flamingos every winter. And, if I wanted to, I could walk the clean smooth 4km perimeter path round it - or Aliki Park above and do (see today's pics) but like Bella - I prefer the natural and rough stuff really!

When you say salt lake, is that water there, or just a hard, salt crust then?
It is a salt crust at the mo - dries out in summer. But if we get enough rain (and this year I'm not sure we will as it is still really hot and sunny and late Nov) it fills with water coming down from the mountains and all over.)

Next time you go to the beach, can you give us some pics of that too please, I'd like to see your beach. Are you on the med (sorry, but geography of that part of the world isn't my strong point, I'm more of a rug girl ).
I live right on top of the main Tourist beach Finicoudes. Will put some photos up for you. I have another one in the other direction - Makenzy - not quite so 'touristy' but I avoid most of them most of the year - just as I avoided the touristy beaches when I lived in Cornwall and Devon. I prefer the quieter ones. And for just swimming - I definitely prefer the pool as you have to walk so far out to find sea deep enough to swim around here!

Looks a lovely part of the world anyway, especially as you seem to have it all to yourself
Well I used to manage to get parts of Dartmoor all to myself in Devon. And lots of lovely Zennor and the places around Lands End - where you can walk for hours and not see a soul. I seek them out! If we want people and 'other dogs' I can walk to the corner outside the apartment and hit the paths round the farmland. And we do that. But I think Bella likes to have the place to herself too.

Another way you can be guaranteed to see hardly anyone is to set out before sunrise - you don't see many folk about before 6am round here!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >