Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-06-2011, 05:58 PM

Designer mongrel poos

Sorry if I'm in the wrong place, if so please move!

I was looking at the Wolf thread, and saw the Wolfadoodle or some such, so I thought I'd google Colliedoodles.

Well, it is apparently a "breed" now.

And then....I ended up at http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/poodlemix.htm

After crying with laughter at the thought of a "**** Poo", or the sound of a "Siber Poo" I have now stopped laughing enough to realise that people are actually making money out of purposely breeding these mongrels.

What is with it with people who will part with hundreds of pounds for a mongrel from a "breeder"? I have an amazing Colliedoodle Rescued from the kind of miserable life I anticipate for many of these dogs.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2011, 06:25 PM
Reading the names are funny - but it is sad that people are really just breeding for silly names and big price tags

shame mine are done else I would start my own breed - mut - a - poo

did wonder with the name of this thread if we were talking about a new rumour I didnt know that not only are they all non shedding but they also dont poo
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2011, 06:32 PM
there are even... can hardly bring myself to say it... shepadoodles!

the `breed` description says:
Shepadoodles do not warm up fast to strangers and some may be timid, anxious, nervous, shy, and may bite. They have the tendancy to over guard, be nervous, aggressive, vicious, timid or fearful.

Shepadoodles make good family dogs with proper training and socialization. They should be supervised around children.

Good family dogs?
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2011, 07:23 PM
Lol, its mad! I think Jinty is a JRT X border terrier but I don't go around bragging I have a 'border jack' or a 'jackder' because I don't want to sound like a tit
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2011, 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by TeflonsShadow View Post
Lol, its mad! I think Jinty is a JRT X border terrier but I don't go around bragging I have a 'border jack' or a 'jackder' because I don't want to sound like a tit
sadly you dont have a border jack cos i do they are crossing border collies with JRT in america to make 'perfect' flyball/agility dogs - except there are just so many variations in the two breeds that for every perfect flyball dog you get 10 with legs to long/short no drive/too much drive etc
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2011, 07:39 PM
Well I have checked the list and I am pleased to see

no greydoodles or greypoos,bordergreys , shepagreys, affengreys etc maybe its just a matter of time ! Or is that what is commonly known as a lurcher !
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-06-2011, 07:43 PM
I own 2 ztu crosses ..
ones known as a Shorkie tzu.lol
the other is a couldbeanything tzu...
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-06-2011, 07:56 PM
I have had a "bordador" for years! My bad I had him neutered! The money.....
Millysmum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-06-2011, 03:54 PM
Am I the only one who thinks that these whatever-doodles, etc. are really just a breed cross and not really the pedigree they're made out to be???
ste
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-06-2011, 04:07 PM
Originally Posted by Millysmum View Post
Am I the only one who thinks that these whatever-doodles, etc. are really just a breed cross and not really the pedigree they're made out to be???
Yup, they're just cross breeds, but I can't believe how much money people will pay for a cross, Just shocking,
I don't think this craze has quite arrived on the continent, but I guess its only a matter of time (sigh)
Shame I've just had Jed neutered, otherwise I'd start a craze with Britters, or does Settanies sound catchier?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >