Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zxas6699
New Member!
Male 

25-07-2012, 01:20 PM

Which dog collar light is better

I saw the six styles of dog collar safety light in one picture and gonna find one or two online.
Which do you think is the most lovely and stable? And I don't know whether my dog will love it or not.
Could you guys give me any suggestions and list the ones you love?

dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-07-2012, 01:27 PM
I find my dog looks peed off I've put a giant flashing "squirrels, he's here, avoid him at will" light on no matter which of the options it is.

I've found the tag-type lights to be pretty universally meh to be honest - we've got a separate collar that we pop on him in addition to his normal one - makes him look a bit like a canine christmas tree but means we can spot him a mile away (it's mainly for the black dog in a dark park factor).
celli
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-07-2012, 03:09 PM
I could write a book on collar lights

Best one I've used has been the Puplight https://www.puplights.com/.
That's an American site but they are available here.
They have out lasted and out performed any of the others I've tried, including the ones in the original post.
The cylinder type ones are bright but don't last, seem to corrode very quickly and quite often unscrew themselves.
The shaped ones have similar problems, I found water got into them ( from rain ) very easily and then they just don't work.
Also the catches are very flimsy and don't last.
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2012, 05:38 PM
I personally prefer the VIVID collar - itsFGOT BRIGHT LEDs all around and is rechargable.
WufWufs
Dogsey Junior
Male 

25-07-2012, 07:06 PM
Nothing beats the DropLit/Spotit tags from the Glow Company - the picture labelled D. Secure spring clip and relatively cheap. Bought mine on a recommendation and it's still going strong. You can't see light up collars as well as these at distance, especially on longer coated breeds. The Vivid Collars are terrible quality (plus expensive for what they are!) - my friend had a red one for her dog - the electronic unit fell apart on the third walk, she lost the back of it but luckily not her dog!

http://www.glow.co.uk/droplit-dog.html
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2012, 07:30 PM
I got A, or one that looked just like it, as a Freebie and it was actually really good!
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2012, 07:40 PM
Surely the ones you clip on the collar won't be able to be seen if the dog has their back to you?

Most of them are too big for Chi's too!
WufWufs
Dogsey Junior
Male 

26-07-2012, 09:52 PM
The Spotit tags light up the ground below the dog, they're that bright! Always get comments from other dog walkers in Winter as I can actually SEE my dog's light Agree with you that it would be oversized on a Chi though - mine's a BC
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2012, 10:12 PM
Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
Surely the ones you clip on the collar won't be able to be seen if the dog has their back to you?

Most of them are too big for Chi's too!
After years of using crappy ebay led lights on my dogs collars I was pointed in the direction of Flash Dog (by SB I do believe?) and they're the bees knees!

I bought a couple of rainbow pendant lights (also spotlit) just before last winter and they're still going strong - I love them! They're so bright you can even see the glow when the dogs back is turned, which is ideal for Isla as being hairy there's really no other way to light her in the dark!

The pendant lights go through a battery change at least once a month in the winter, but the batteries are so cheap on ebay it's worth it in comparison to the amount I used to spend on new led pendants every month!
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2012, 08:35 AM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
After years of using crappy ebay led lights on my dogs collars I was pointed in the direction of Flash Dog (by SB I do believe?) and they're the bees knees!

I bought a couple of rainbow pendant lights (also spotlit) just before last winter and they're still going strong - I love them! They're so bright you can even see the glow when the dogs back is turned, which is ideal for Isla as being hairy there's really no other way to light her in the dark!

The pendant lights go through a battery change at least once a month in the winter, but the batteries are so cheap on ebay it's worth it in comparison to the amount I used to spend on new led pendants every month!
The owner(?) posted them on here last year, and I had a look at the collars, and even the smallest was too big, and they told me just to trim it!
Whats the point of paying for a collar (not cheap) that you've got to cut down!

Those pendants aren't bad, but it says 3.5cm for diameter...thats about half the width of the boys neck!
They look quite long on the pics too?

Damn my small dogs! lol

I think for winter this year, I might just buy some glow stick bracelets from eBay for their necks lol