Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2011, 04:27 PM

What a refreshing change :)

Out walkies this morning I saw two ladies pushing kids in pushchairs nattering away to each other and a black lab running amok like labs do!!!

I stopped and put Bailey on his lead - as labs seem to be on his list of 'must attack'

One of the ladies looked at me and asked if everything was alright as I was just stood so I said ' This big one isn't the best with other dogs', Oh Ok she said, called her dog who recalled instantly, put him on a lead and walked past. We both thanked each other at the same time

How nice for once that someone appreciated my warning about Bailey I was sure she'd be one of the 'Oh he's ok with all dogs' brigade
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2011, 06:26 PM
It does make a nice change, oh if everyone was like that
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2011, 06:50 PM
It's always nice when people surprise you isn't it?

The day we left Ireland me and my hubby had to be out of the house for 1pm but our ferry wasn't until 10pm so we decided to take Rupert to Belfast castle as it was a really hot day. Anyway, we're walking round the grounds with him on a long line, wearing his muzzle and we spot this group of teenage guys, all with skin heads, tattoos etc, real rough looking lot heading towards us with an off leash Rottie. I immediately thought the worst but to my amazement one of them told the dog to sit then went and got him on leash. He said the Rottie wasn't aggressive, just wanted to play but figured with ours being muzzled it was best to grab him.
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-11-2011, 06:58 PM
Seen a lot putting theirs on leads when mine are lately - perhaps the cold weather's sent the fair-weather idiots back indoors... I tend to reply that one of mine's only on-lead for squirrel-related issues (at which I usually get sympathy in response) and the other one's just a bit ofr a mardy madam - but I do appreciate the fact they do it.
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2011, 07:47 PM
I love it when people understand your situation.

There are two dogs that I walk for their owners, and one is people agressive and sometimes dog agressive and is always muzzled when with me, and one is generally ok with other dogs, but has her moments. There is a bloke there with an airdale looking dog, and whenever he sees me with these two (they're always on lead at my sides), he takes his dog on a different route and is very respectful that these two have problems. His dog is incredibly friendly and likes to say hi to every dog (the dog's name's Monty ), so I appreciate his consideration immensly.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2011, 09:31 PM
Yes it does make a nice change!

We don't have to avoid other dogs now I don't have my lovely Cherry but when I did I was walking along the river walk in Norwich when I saw 2 rough-looking blokes with off-lead Staffies charging about. I was really worried as Parker doesn't like Staffies charging up to him and these looked really bouncy. Cherry was partly blind and didn't like dogs in her face. I could have walked back the way I came but it would have taken a lot longer to get home so I asked the fisherman nearby if he would mind holding Cherry and Parker and I went and asked the men if they would mind leashing their dogs whilst I walked mine by. They were very polite and did as I asked and gave some admiring comments (about my dogs not me!) as we walked past.