Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2011, 09:20 PM
Originally Posted by DoKhyi View Post
It's funny how they loved them before they knew what they were.

Fluffy you say? Please tell me you have a longcoat! *jumps up and down excitedly*
No afraid not! I've not had a longcoat...yet she just has a longer than average coat for an Akita - under her belly, her tail and she has lovely long fluffy lacy like bloomers down her bum and back legs! (our male's coat is much scraggier and shorter when stood next to each other ) With her coat generally being more fuller than your average Akita i do often wonder if there's a longcoat in her breeding somewhere (she's a rescue).
DoKhyi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-11-2011, 10:19 PM
Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
No afraid not! I've not had a longcoat...yet she just has a longer than average coat for an Akita - under her belly, her tail and she has lovely long fluffy lacy like bloomers down her bum and back legs! (our male's coat is much scraggier and shorter when stood next to each other ) With her coat generally being more fuller than your average Akita i do often wonder if there's a longcoat in her breeding somewhere (she's a rescue).
Awwww! But lacy bloomers sound good enough and I bet your girl and boy are both gorgeous. I love seeing longcoats that pop up in otherwise short coated breeds. I'm on bearcoat shar-pei number 2 and adore seeing fluffy akitas, rotties, mastiffs and whatever other longcoats appear when they shouldn't.

If akitas are anything like shar-pei, you can get fuzzies as well as genuine longcoats and usually, even if a longcoat is mated with a normal length coat, it won't result in coats inbetween either length. The longcoats just pop up uninvited.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2011, 10:41 PM
All the time. I've had people run to catch up with me to coo over Cain. And I've had countless chavs offer me money for him I tell them he's a nightmare and they'd pay me to take him back after five mins
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3