Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DoKhyi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-11-2011, 04:27 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Just caught up

Heres another question then....I know nothingabout breeding dogs or KC reg etc etc., but how does it work if you have a Poo (for instance) that has a fabulous pedigree with a long line of ancestors etc etc., then you X breed it..........does that not ruin thats dogs pedigree???? Years and years back when people had a pedigree thats what it was all about ''the pedigree of that dog'' if however that dog got caught by the local labrador then they were known as ''1st crosses'' and the pedigree was ruined...........does that not matter now-a-days then?
Last night in the bargain pages there were 9 adverts for PooXXX's and its was not just X with labradores, one was a yorkoodle
I'd say don't be daft, but this was really believe in Victorian times as they had some strange ideas about genetics. No, it doesn't ruin the sire or dam if they produce a litter of crossbreeds. The pups aren't pedigree, obviously, but the parents can be mated again to a dog of the same breed and the pedigree line goes on uniterrupted with KC registered purebred puppies even though their half siblings were mutts.
DoKhyi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-11-2011, 04:32 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
My boxer is cross a 120 year old one ,do you think there were people back then in Germany saying ''dont call it a boxer ,its just a brabanter cross bulldog ..lol
I suppose you're lucky they are called boxers rather than brabadogs or bullbanters.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2011, 09:42 PM
Originally Posted by dizzi View Post
I remain convinced they pick poodles just so they can stick -oodle on the end of the word (unless you get wicked people like me who reverse it and overemphasise the "poo" so a labradoodle becomes a POOador)
Oh no! That's what I call them too!
I have to be very careful not to say it to their owners though as I don't think they would appreciate this name.
As an asthmatic who has to have a non-shedding breed I have seen so mnay with Lab type coats and only 1 with a Poodle coat so it wouldn't be a good choice of dog for someone like me.
Page 6 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6