Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2011, 11:10 PM

Can someone explain

Why is it that SO many people are breeding poodles with other breeds..............am I missing something!!!!

Today whilst in Iceland 2 woman are standing near me one buzzing with excitement about her new puppy thats long awaited....will be ready next week
.............. going to Wales to pick it up

Its a jackoodle

Yep a small tri JRT bitch that has been mated with a black male poodle

I'm sorry but this breed x breed thing doesn't sit well with me..........maybe Im old fashioned
chaospony
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-11-2011, 11:15 PM
I feel the same way about it! And I even have a cross, but I don't use any cutezy name for her as she is just a cross breed hahaha

I think it is all just people wanting some thing out of the ordinary and breeders cashing in on that fact. What really gets me is that looking in the paper at dog ads, the pure breeds cost less than these crosses!!!!!
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-11-2011, 11:17 PM
Nope .cant explain ..lol.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2011, 11:20 PM
I think your right chaospony

Murf....I was stood shaking my head a mere £300 too
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2011, 11:26 PM
Because people don't want dogs any more, they want an exclusive limited edition label. And like anything else with a label, if it doesn't fit or it breaks down, they'll get a new one.... Different brand next time of course.

If they wanted a dog for the right reasons they would either be going to a rescue, or researching known breeds with known temperaments and known health backgrounds.

The fact they are doing neither speaks volumes.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-11-2011, 11:26 PM
I bet they are the wrong kinda dogs for most of the people who buy them too...
Our Coco was a fiesty little bitch for a good while and in the wrong hands would be a nightmare..
chaospony
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-11-2011, 11:34 PM
Well my cross breed Pyrnees cross Dalmation was a rescue, of course she had NO training at all, and it really is a bad cross seems to bring the worst of both breeds out. Have met a few people with them in the area and they all have the same troubles me and the OH have with ours, then my sister saw one in America and got to talking to the owner who is a professional dog trainer and she was saying she was having such a hard time training hers and all the things were the same as what we had with our girl!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2011, 11:36 PM
Originally Posted by MerlinsMum View Post
Because people don't want dogs any more, they want an exclusive limited edition label. And like anything else with a label, if it doesn't fit or it breaks down, they'll get a new one.... Different brand next time of course.

If they wanted a dog for the right reasons they would either be going to a rescue, or researching known breeds with known temperaments and known health backgrounds.

The fact they are doing neither speaks volumes
Does indeed MM, personally I find it really irritating and have to grit my teeth .... I felt like turning round and saying...well what a combination!!! and your paying £300 for what a x breed ......think hubby was getting nervous as he could see my look
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
I bet they are the wrong kinda dogs for most of the people who buy them too...
Our Coco was a fiesty little bitch for a good while and in the wrong hands would be a nightmare..
Thats it Murf, and some are fiesty as a breed, so I can imagin what it would be like x'ing the two
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2011, 11:41 PM
next it will be BCxoodle
GSDxoodle
and loads of different x'oodles.

We went to a car boot the other week and met a oodle-x- something, and the woman that had it was having a nightmare with it as it was like a spinning top, my friend asked what it was x'd with and she said Mom was a springer but the dad was a laboodle Words failed me
chaospony
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-11-2011, 11:49 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
next it will be BCxoodle
GSDxoodle
and loads of different x'oodles.

We went to a car boot the other week and met a oodle-x- something, and the woman that had it was having a nightmare with it as it was like a spinning top, my friend asked what it was x'd with and she said Mom was a springer but the dad was a laboodle Words failed me
And I bet they paid loads for it too!!!
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »