Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-10-2011, 09:17 AM
Originally Posted by 1cutedog View Post
Thanks for all the good wishes.

Not so good news. Came back from work today, note on the door informing me that Lana had barked from 7am to approx 9am yesterday and then again at around 4pm for 15 mins which is when I went out yesterday afternoon and that this morning the barking started at 7am again waking them up and no doubt everyone else in the building.

Apparently over the last few weeks she has been barking every time I go out but he didn't say anything as it's only for short periods of time. I am informed I now need to sort this out or he will be getting the council involved.

booger booger booger or even the f word here repeated often

He has previously recommended a bark collar to me as his dog has one and I think he was also miffed as I said I didn't agree with them.

I'm not sure what to do now. She doesn't appear distressed or anything when I go or when I come back. She must sense me coming back as when I listen down at the main door there is no sound from her, unless of course she is in the livingroom or bedroom at that point and it doesn't carry down the stairs.

Dog walking isn't really an option, too many already and I'm not too confident with dogs so don't think I would be much good, plus I don't have a car which adds to the problem.

Ironing would be covered with dog hairs by the time I was taking it back and also a problem with having no transport.
Oh dear - when I started reading the latest posts I was so pleased with what I saw and then got to this post from you.

Such a shame that Lana is still barking.
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2011, 12:25 PM
oh no, i do hope everything works out for you. i have no advice for you apart from what has already been offered x

big {hugs} to you xxx
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-10-2011, 04:26 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions. I can't take Lana into these offices, the people start arriving just before 8am. Dog walking is out as there are so many here that no one is really making much money, no one wants to pay much, some are charging £4 or £5 per hour, also I don't have any transport. Same with the ironing, no transport and dog hairs everywhere, plus a couple of ironing firms on the go.

Doggy day care isn't really an option. Lana is fine with one other dog and even if she knows all the dogs involved once a few of them run up to her she turns and tells them off. There's only one doggy day care in the area, some guy does it from his home and takes 6 dogs out each day, not always the same ones, so she wouldn't do well there.

I've phoned the dogsitter and she's going to take Lana tonight and tomorrow, so there goes my pay I'm borrowing money from someone and am actually looking at anti bark collars. I've always put off getting one although the guy down the stairs had recommended them to me last year as he uses one on his dog. I know people in the park who have also used them with good results too. It's not something I want to use but I can't see any other option or I would be working just to pay the dogsitter for Lana.

Maybe I'll enjoy myself so much without her tonight I'll just refuse to take her back
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2011, 04:35 PM
Sorry, haven't read the other responses so apologies if this has already been suggested, but what about asking a rescue to find someone to foster Lana?

That way you would still be in touch with them and the rescue would be in touch with the fosterer, so there are more safeguards.

And hopefully when things are better for you, you could have Lana back again.

So sorry to read of your difficulties, please do keep us posted.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2011, 04:52 PM
I have only just seen this thread and just read through it.

Just wondering if you need to go for the night shift job if your son could pick her up before you leave?

OR if you could get evening shifts in a pub that doesn't serve food, she could go with you?

I hope something works out anyway....if I can think of anything I'll be back on here.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2011, 05:00 PM
Just read the whole of this thread, and I feel so sorry for you. I was part of that long, ongoing thread, I know how very hard you tried to deal with Lana's SA. I thought you'd cracked it, until I saw the latest posts I have no great words of wisdom, but I hope something else crops up which either enables you to take her with you, or enables you to pay the dogsitter and still have enough left out of your wages to pay those bills.

What a dire situation you're in and I'm so sorry it's come to this, but have faith, something will crop up I'm sure, so that you don't have to rehome your girl and can still keep a roof over your head. All the very best to you.xxx
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2011, 05:19 PM
I don't have any advice, I just wanted to wish you the best in this bad situation.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2011, 05:25 PM
An anti bark collar will work to stop the barking but you will end up with a terrified shut down dog. Not a brilliant idea.

Have you tried leaving her with really good stuffed kongs etc? I expect you have-----just checking really.

Maybe local GSD rescue could help? They may have foster homes.

If not contact Many Tears and see if they could help.

rune
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2011, 05:32 PM
I'm wondering if second chance kennels in Thornton would help out in any way? Maybe offering the help of a behaviourist or fosterers who could help for a little while...

I'm not sure how much good that would be to you though

I hope something works out, is there anyone in your building that would like a dog but not the full time commitment? If they watched her at night could you maybe cook their dinners to drop off with her or something......idk, I'm grasping at straws here but even if it just sparks a better idea from someone that may help....

or they have her at nights and you do their housework, shopping maybe...? you never know!
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2011, 06:00 PM
So sorry to hear it hasnt been working out whilst youve been gone
Dobermanns idea seems pretty good though - surely there must be someone who would love the company of a dog for a couple of hours whilst you are out.. A neighbor, friend, ask in a pet store?

Perhaps a local pet shop would look after her if you did all your shopping in there?!

Such a tricky situation, I really hope you manage to sort something, it seems like you care so much for her and only want the best.
Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »