Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2011, 10:54 PM
Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
You are not supposed to use other people's cards even with the pin. My son gave me his card to get some money out for him and transfer it to my account, so I went into the bank but they told me I couldn't do it at the counter......they said if I went outisde to the cash machine it would be ok, they would pretend they knew nothing, then I had to take it inside and put it in my account that way.

My friend was using her husbands card in Tesco, they refused to let her use it as it wasn't hers, even though the cashier knows her!
She had to leave all her shopping and was not happy.
My Sister works in Tescos and she told someone this who was using her husband's card but her manager said this was incorrect and they accepted it. I am unsure which is right?
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-11-2011, 11:02 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
[/B]
I am so very sorry to read this. My heart goes out to you.
Thanks Bitkin, it's a booger right enough. Can't say I'm looking forward to the next few weeks/months however long he has but neither will my dad be.

There may be no rule/law as such saying you can't use someone else's card they only tell you not to give your card and pin number to anyone but possibly it's only frowned upon? If the person you gave the card and pin number to emptied out your account the bank wouldn't be responsible for it so you would suffer the loss, whereas if someone stole your card and somehow guessed the pin number you would be covered for the loss by the bank.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2011, 11:04 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your dad Although you never know how these things can go, he might just surprise you Keeping fingers and paws here crossed for him.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2011, 09:46 PM
hows things going?
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-11-2011, 10:16 PM
My dad got out of hospital today. He has an agressive cancer so it could be weeks or could be months. He's feeling sick at the moment but honestly because he's always been so healthy when he's feeling a bit sick it's such a palaver It's like when a man has flu, only worse.

I'm staying down here tonight, will see how he feels tomorrow and whether he wants me to stay all the time. He probably will as I reckon he must be scared of how the end will be. I am sitting here sweating buckets, it must be about the usual 30 degrees in here, no windows open of course whereas I was warm in my house and my windows were wide open.

Lana's wondering what's going on although she's settled in her bed. It's not her usual bed as at home she has one padded cover, one single duvet folded up inside a sleeping bag and her nice soft bed on top Spoiled? what Lana, no way. I'm going to get her a cage for in here as she seems to love her cage now whereas last year she wouldn't even go into it. I'll have to measure her as the one at home is 42" but she doesn't need one that size and there's not so much room at my dads. It will be good for when he has visitors. I've closed the door on her cage when people have come to the door. She still barks but seem much calmer, I think she feels safe in the cage so will order one on Sunday and hope for delivery middle of next week.

I do have a laptop now courtesy of my dad. I got it for him for hospital so he could watch dvds and he gave it to me as he can't use his programs on it as they are so old so it's handy as I can check my emails and do orders from here so don't have to keep running up and down the road.

I'll sleep on the couch tonight but tomorrow will move the spare bed into the spare room so I can stay more often. I've closed my ebay shop and a couple of my sites as I won't have time to work on them. Still got one lingerie site and tshirt site open but that's enough to cope with as I'll have to do my dads housework and shopping and everything. This will be it for however long it may be. I do really hope he goes before he gets to the really, really bad end stage though. Would hate him to have to go through that.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2011, 10:25 PM
Oh, I really don't know what to say - well actually there is nothing much that will help is there, but I do feel for you so much.

It's good that Lana is doing her best not to be difficult at the start of this awful time, and thank goodness that you have her with you because I suspect that a doggy shoulder may be just what you need on many a night in the future.

Did the hospital give you any idea of how long your Dad may have? This is going to be so hard for you, but at least you have a safety valve in the form of this forum (and maybe you also have other sites) - it is often easier to write down emotions and frustrations to comparative strangers, than talking to family and friends.

Take care of yourself as well as your Dad, and give Lana a cuddle from me.
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2011, 11:04 PM
Aw I'm sorry to read your most recent post
Its so good of you to do so much for your dad, and it sounds as though Lana is settling in there quite nicely. A safe crate sounds like a good plan!
Hope all is ok, keep us updated X
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2011, 02:24 PM
I'm so sorry about the news you have had about your Dads health and hope he is bearing up as well as can be expected. I'm glad Lana is settling down fine along there, that's one thing, at least. Wish I could say something to make you feel better but I doubt there is tbh. Just remember to take care of yourself along the way too.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-11-2011, 02:28 PM
So sorry to hear that the news about your Dad's health is not good.

{{{hugs}}}
Page 10 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10