View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2011, 12:50 PM
I actually can't believe the light heartedness of this thread tbh! A bitch in season should never be offlead, you walk her when and where no other dog is and you should know where she is at all times! To be honest if she has to go without a walk for three weeks to keep her safe, so be it! I managed to keep my bitch safe in both her seasons with two entire dogs at home, with careful management..
Think of the other dogs when you walk your in season bitch.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2011, 04:06 PM
Well for most of my life neutering wasn`t the norm.
I used to walk mine on the beach or quiet areas and have never had any problem with that. And I had male dogs so I could see instantly when she was `interesting` and kept her in then.
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2011, 04:10 PM
I had a foster dog in season and i was advised not to walk her at all when in season. I would have walked her very early in the morning in isolated areas and never off lead, wouldn't take the chance personally. It not fair on other dogs, a male can smell a female in season from miles away and of course her being a foster dog she wasn't mine.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3