View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-03-2011, 12:25 AM
hey there...hiho...it might be the lab ,that bites mor than..cocker/s did at one time i do belive..ment to be an example so to speek....and what the H is up with labs these days....i notice more labs with aggressive issues than ever before ...in my area .....and heard it from a few others over the last couple of years...is there any lab owners here ..who can share....
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-03-2011, 12:30 AM
what do you call a dog with, no arms and no legs,laying on your bbq.?.....FRANK.......same dog in a hole?.....PHIL....oh sorry!! wrong form!!!
GSDlover4ever
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-03-2011, 02:17 AM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
deed not breed... remember
gooseygander
New Member!
Male 

03-03-2011, 08:27 AM
My own opinion on dangerous dog's of any description centres around the question, why did the owner choose that particular breed? Why would anyone choose a dog whose reputation alone means you are generally ostracised by other dog owners. Part of the fun of dog ownership is meeting new people when out on a walk with your hound.

What fun is there to had when people cross the road when you appear, run the other way or pick up their dog and hurry past. I think every pet owner who cares for their animal must assume the worst if they see a dog with a certain reputation approaching, it only makes sense.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2011, 08:42 AM
Originally Posted by gooseygander View Post

What fun is there to had when people cross the road when you appear, run the other way or pick up their dog and hurry past. I think every pet owner who cares for their animal must assume the worst if they see a dog with a certain reputation approaching, it only makes sense.
Actually, you get that with German Shepherds.....

Personally I try to avoid rugrats on flexis walked by people with those boots that make them look like they`ve got no ankles.
Sorry - am I sounding prejudiced?
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2011, 09:05 AM
Originally Posted by 3dognight View Post
i look more at the owner.than the dog!!!young dude hat on backwards spitting and cussing...with a pit...sitting on the corner......or young couple pushing a stroller,with a pit in tow....im always adding things up....do you?
Hooray for stereotypes. I wear jogging bottoms and hoodies (they're comfortable, especially with the "happy weight" I've gained since OH but am still determined to lose, rather than buy a new wardrobe..) and I walk a GSD and Rottweiler cross. Should I not own dogs? My brother is very into the gym, and lives in very "chav" clothing (jogging bottoms, vest top, etc) and used to take Kiki (Rott x) everywhere with him when she was the family dog. Again, bad person with a troublesome dog because of his looks?
As the saying goes, don't judge a book by its cover, I've met lots of young lads with Staffies and other bull breeds and they absolutely dote on their dogs, have them spayed/neutered, give them the best food and accessories, and there are lots of well-dressed families pushing toddlers in prams who mistreat their dogs, who breed them for monetary gain, who would dump them at the drop of a hat when they become an inconvenience, so judge everyone by their deeds, not their looks - ditto with dogs.
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2011, 09:11 AM
Originally Posted by HiHoSilver View Post
I thought labradors has the highest record for bites on people?

In America apparently Labs 6th down the list for being responsible for fatal bites/attacks on people.

Golden Retrievers are the second or third on the list for biting, full stop.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2011, 09:18 AM
...cockerspainal...they bite more pepole than all others, combined.....national dog bite regestry..is there any other breeds you feel apprehencive to be near......

Remember breeds and their predispositions differ from country to country, is there a national bite register in the UK?

No such thing as a bad dog

Hmm using that logic there is no such thing as a bad person then!

I am not in favour of banning breeds what I am in favour of is that if a breed HAS been banned that the law is upheld!
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2011, 09:40 AM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
Hooray for stereotypes. I wear jogging bottoms and hoodies (they're comfortable, especially with the "happy weight" I've gained since OH but am still determined to lose, rather than buy a new wardrobe..) and I walk a GSD and Rottweiler cross. Should I not own dogs? My brother is very into the gym, and lives in very "chav" clothing (jogging bottoms, vest top, etc) and used to take Kiki (Rott x) everywhere with him when she was the family dog. Again, bad person with a troublesome dog because of his looks?
As the saying goes, don't judge a book by its cover, I've met lots of young lads with Staffies and other bull breeds and they absolutely dote on their dogs, have them spayed/neutered, give them the best food and accessories, and there are lots of well-dressed families pushing toddlers in prams who mistreat their dogs, who breed them for monetary gain, who would dump them at the drop of a hat when they become an inconvenience, so judge everyone by their deeds, not their looks - ditto with dogs.
Nice one! Yep at work I get young lads with tattoos, shaved heads etc. with Rotts and Staffs and they really do care for their dogs, have them groomed, give them the best food, toys etc. I've had a dog in recently so matted I wasn't sure what breed it was. Turned out it was a poodle. Took hours to get the coat off, trim the nails that were curled into the pads etc. and the owner? A family woman in her thirties wearing designer clothes and driving a BMW X5.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2011, 09:42 AM
I see Scotland has just changed the dog laws. So is the Banned list still in operation there?
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >