Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-03-2011, 12:22 AM

Not banned but think they should be?

hello there ,is there any other dogs in the UK that are not on the banned list ,that you feel there should be due to issues...example...cockerspainal...they bite more pepole than all others, combined.....national dog bite regestry..is there any other breeds you feel apprehencive to be near......
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2011, 12:25 AM
Originally Posted by 3dognight View Post
hello there ,is there any other dogs in the UK that are not on the banned list ,that you feel there should be due to issues...example...cockerspainal...they bite more pepole than all others, combined.....national dog bite regestry..is there any other breeds you feel apprehencive to be near......
i think that boils down to what breeds your used to ... doesn't mean they should be banned tho.

deed not breed... remember
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2011, 12:30 AM
TBH I don't think any breed specific legislation works. Ban one breed, it makes them more attractive to wrong type of owners, regardless of whether or not they are illegal.

As Layla said Deed not Breed.
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-03-2011, 12:54 AM
deed not breed...me to ,its on my shirt as we type.......there is some thing about akitas, that leaves me warry.....to me.. there, a hard read....not to be banned.
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-03-2011, 01:02 AM
i look more at the owner.than the dog!!!young dude hat on backwards spitting and cussing...with a pit...sitting on the corner......or young couple pushing a stroller,with a pit in tow....im always adding things up....do you?
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2011, 01:06 AM
deed not breed...me to ,its on my shirt as we type.......there is some thing about akitas, that leaves me warry.....to me.. there, a hard read....not to be banned.

Nooooooooooo I luvs Akitas!
my friend has them, definitely a dog where having the right home is extremely important, but you could say that about lots of breeds I suppose.
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2011, 01:09 AM
i look more at the owner.than the dog!!!young dude hat on backwards spitting and cussing...with a pit...sitting on the corner......or young couple pushing a stroller,with a pit in tow....im always adding things up....do you?

TBH I'd be judging the guy because he was spitting, not because he had a Pit
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2011, 01:13 AM
We have the same bans in Oz, I unfortunately still don't feel comfortable around a few different breeds, but that is just from personal experience. A bit like cattle dog's and Kelpie's I find some comments strange, but that is because I know the breeds and have been around them since I was little. It is just what you are use to I guess
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-03-2011, 01:18 AM
I also agree with deed not breed

In my opinion, banning anything does nothing to sort out the real issue at hand. When you make something illegal all you do is make it harder to control that something - be it a breed of dog, drugs, weapons - all you're doing by banning it is forcing it to go underground and therefore putting it into the hands of 'undesirables'. The real issue isn't being tackled, it is simply being hidden away!
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2011, 01:22 AM
There is a large mastiff mix at the park we bump into, if you saw him, and his owner, and didn't know them you'd turn the other way. They are both really nice, his dog is just a big old baby

I try really hard not to judge people and their dogs by appearances, as I don't like it when people just cross the street or leave an area of the park when we get there. I will admit, that I do sometimes just judge how someone's dog might be, by the way they are acting or handling their dog, but not always because of the breed.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »