Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2010, 10:57 PM
Originally Posted by Delos View Post
Personally I would report this to the Police. Yes I very much doubt the police will do anything but it's useful to have it on record incase anything happens in the future to you or anyone else.

I had one last year who got abusive and threatening because he said I didn't pick up after my dog. I stated that Harley had just had a pee. He said male dogs don't pee like that. I just said as always Harley has always pee'd like a girl (which he has and I always pick up anyway). Anyway to cut the story down he got verbally abusive. So the following day I reported it to the police. They cam round that afternoon. They then went to visit the man and came back and told me he wouldn't bother me again. I saw him out a few days later and he immediately turned and walked the other way.

I must admit though our Police aren't exactly overworked here, but I think it's always worth getting incidents logged even if nothing is immediately actionable.
I quite agree with this-I reported someone to the police who shouted at me in the street outside her house as she said Parker had weed on her gatepost (he hadn't -he was on the other side of the path-it was someone else's dog) She was very rude and I didn't see why she should get away with talking to innocent people like this. If she did it to the wrong person she could get attacked. The police went round and spoke to her and said she wouldn't be bothering me again.
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-11-2010, 11:40 PM
Funnily enough I wasn't scared. To be honest he looked liked a really nice young guy and I thought he was maybe trying to show of to his girlfriend, although if I had been his girlfriend I wouldn't have been at all impressed with his behaviour. Lana didn't bother either so she mustn't have thought he was a threat because she's very protective of me.... well she is when it's dogs but if she had even been scared she would have been barking at him whereas she didn't bother her backside.

I've never yet spotted them coming, I never notice the dog until it's right there beside us. I laughed in sheer disbelief when he first said it was my fault and although I argued and kept repeating that it was his responsibility to train his dog and keep it safe he wasn't having it at all. I've told everyone in the park this week about him though

I haven't seen the girl with the dog this week so maybe they've decided to stay clear for a while.
I'll keep an eye out for him next Sunday but won't be running away from him, he's got my back up too much for that, but if I see him in the distance I'll phone my son to come down or maybe my son will come with me and lurk somewhere to see if they guy turns up. I think a warning from my son will be enough to stop the guy, in fact I think it will probably frighten the life out of him I did have some others saying I should call the police but I think I'll leave it to my son first.

If I was a bloke or even someone with a bigger dog I doubt very much if he would have said anything. I know I should walk the other way if I see them coming but that would feel too much like running away haha and so I probably won't. I would hope that the next time they come to the park they will walk the other way and avoid me.
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2010, 08:55 PM
Originally Posted by 1cutedog View Post
Funnily enough I wasn't scared. To be honest he looked liked a really nice young guy and I thought he was maybe trying to show of to his girlfriend, although if I had been his girlfriend I wouldn't have been at all impressed with his behaviour. Lana didn't bother either so she mustn't have thought he was a threat because she's very protective of me.... well she is when it's dogs but if she had even been scared she would have been barking at him whereas she didn't bother her backside.

I've never yet spotted them coming, I never notice the dog until it's right there beside us. I laughed in sheer disbelief when he first said it was my fault and although I argued and kept repeating that it was his responsibility to train his dog and keep it safe he wasn't having it at all. I've told everyone in the park this week about him though

I haven't seen the girl with the dog this week so maybe they've decided to stay clear for a while.
I'll keep an eye out for him next Sunday but won't be running away from him, he's got my back up too much for that, but if I see him in the distance I'll phone my son to come down or maybe my son will come with me and lurk somewhere to see if they guy turns up. I think a warning from my son will be enough to stop the guy, in fact I think it will probably frighten the life out of him I did have some others saying I should call the police but I think I'll leave it to my son first.

If I was a bloke or even someone with a bigger dog I doubt very much if he would have said anything. I know I should walk the other way if I see them coming but that would feel too much like running away haha and so I probably won't. I would hope that the next time they come to the park they will walk the other way and avoid me.

There's no shame in walking away from someone like that. Would you really expect your son to sort him out for you rather than call the police? Suppose your son gets into a fight and gets arrested or hurt.............or worse?
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-11-2010, 10:44 PM
The guy doesn't come across a fighter even though he tried to intimidate me. My son won't get into a fight with him, he's actually pretty good at calming things down. He'll just be warning him not to talk to me like that and ask what the problem is and probably explain where the guys going wrong with his thinking. And yes I would much rather my son sort it than call the police. Some of the police can be pretty agressive and can stir things up more than settle things so at this stage I don't really want to involve them. If it can't be sorted amicably then I'll see.
Blu
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-11-2010, 11:13 PM
How does the dog pass the balls?

Maybe they should think of muzzling their dog rather than trying to make others stuffer. My neighbours dog eats stones etc when out walks so she muzzles her. Doesn't go complaining to the council because there is stones on pavements that dogs can eat
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2010, 01:02 PM
Originally Posted by 1cutedog View Post
The guy doesn't come across a fighter even though he tried to intimidate me. My son won't get into a fight with him, he's actually pretty good at calming things down. He'll just be warning him not to talk to me like that and ask what the problem is and probably explain where the guys going wrong with his thinking. And yes I would much rather my son sort it than call the police. Some of the police can be pretty agressive and can stir things up more than settle things so at this stage I don't really want to involve them. If it can't be sorted amicably then I'll see.
These types only have a go at women or people they think won't react, they wouldn't dream of doing it to another bloke, they are bullies
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3