View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2010, 10:45 AM
Do you know a nice tall man who can handle himself, take him with you next time, he trying to intimidate you...if you are anything like me, thats a red rag to a bull and it as the opposite effect.

Its their fault they can't control their dog, typical blame it on someone else, they sound like brainless prats.

As mentioned i would tell the police though, they may have done the same thing to someone else, he needs talking to if he thinks its ok to go around treating people like that
Shani
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-11-2010, 11:05 AM
Call the cops! Intimidation & afray are suposed to be crimes. Can you imagion the look on the cops face as they look at little old you & then at the big bullying bloke. Anybody would be discusted at him & hopefully throw the book at him! If you get (very)lucky the cops might even push for compensation.
katandcolin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-11-2010, 12:23 PM
Originally Posted by Shani View Post
Call the cops! Intimidation & afray are suposed to be crimes. Can you imagion the look on the cops face as they look at little old you & then at the big bullying bloke. Anybody would be discusted at him & hopefully throw the book at him! If you get (very)lucky the cops might even push for compensation.
Agree it's disgusting to try to scare u like that in terms of crimes it doesn't fit an affray, more likely section 5, or section 4a at best. I think in this instance police would probably use 'words of advice' in the first instance.
And as infuriating as it must be please walk away people like that are not worth u getting stressed about or potentially physically hurt.
Xxx
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2010, 12:25 PM
oh, that sounds scary! i would call the police too, that is intimidation!

There is a woma who walks where i take Jake, and she is like that. Everyone knows her dog is aggressive, and he has bitten Jake twice, one time jumping on top of Jake and chasing him around the park! I started to avoid her, and a few days later he attacked a boxer... who's owner called the police... the woman seemed to think it was me, and kept shouting at me in the park! She has started to be more civil now, but i still avoid her when i can. Jake is scared of her dog, and last week for the first time, the woman was close enough to see Jakes reaction when Rocky came near... i think she understand more now.

That type of behaviour is just not on, and their dog could die from swallowing a ball... it is their responsibility, not yours, to stop that.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2010, 12:31 PM
Oh I'm loving your attitude, especially the finger with the spin on this!!!!! LOL!!!! You sound just like me, only I'm usually doing mine out of the car window!!!!

Yes, take that big, sturdy son of yours for next time, then let's see how big this moron is mouthing off to a lady of older years!!!

Yesterday, I had a young flatcoat come hurfing up to us, grab the rope on the end of Zena's ball which was in her mouth at the time, they played tug with it, he won, then he ran off with it, and I couldn't find the owner anywhere!!!! I had to do almost half my walk again, just to get back my super expensive £12 orbi ball The dog in questions is a gun dog in training of 2 years old, but we'll let him off coz it's a friend of mine's!!!

If you start taking out expensive balls like I've got, it really naffs you off when a dog runs off with it, so stick with the cheapies!!!

Oh do let us know if you see him again, I'm loving this!!! Well done you for sticking up for yourself like that, I bet that shocked him!!!!!
Spunkmeyer43
New Member!
Male 

18-11-2010, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by Shani View Post
Yeah kat is right, in no way is this an affray but it needs reporting, it's more than likely a section 4a maybe a 4 but definitely not a 3(affray) and sadly any crime is negated by the fact you swore back at him, by that I mean if you rang the police they would simply say by swearing back at him you are liable for section 5 public order... I'm not criticising shame you couldn't wrap a log round his head... You need to call it in for information and let your local cbm know... Unfortunately this lad sounds like a halfwit and a bully... Just stay clear and if any other problems just ring the police...*
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2010, 05:58 PM
You have certainly got some guts. Good for you.
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2010, 06:16 PM
I would report it even if just for future reference in case their dog get a blockage and they come looking for vet fees.

These kind of people would and it might be better to get the true story down first.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2010, 07:09 PM
GRRRRRRRRRRRRR

How dare this man behave in such a way - what a bully he sounds and I just bet that he would be different if you were a man.

You have enough to cope with trying to sort out Lana's troubles without having to deal with morons like this.

There there 1cutedog.........nip back to the SA thread and pinch the magic bottle for the evening.
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2010, 07:40 PM
I think you should take the moral high ground, pick up your ball and walk in the opposite direction next time you see this couple with their dog. I wouldn't do anything that could make the situation worse, because you just don't know how far he would go, if you push him. In the meantime report it to police so that they have a log of the incident.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >