View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2009, 09:48 AM
I personally am not afraid of any breed of dog.

However, I am wary of certain breeds when out with my dog. I am wary especially of Bull breeds and German Shepherds and try to stear clear if possible.
tezziebear
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-03-2009, 09:52 AM
Surprise me too!!! I had heard about the so-called "cocker rage syndrome" but didnt realise it extended to other spaniel breeds. Of course it is only one opinion and I have no idea what his own private prejudices are... so right about Staffys though...Such fun packed balls of muscle!! I love em! Its a shame that many people are scared of them 'on sight'!
kobebear
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-03-2009, 09:55 AM
I do not like staffies/bull dogs or any large dog, i dont know why but they just scare me, i have a beagle/doberman of my own and until recently a labrador/collie but always been afraid of staffies maybe because of all the negative reports you here of them, and large dogs i fear because i think they going to attack me and our dog.

Kobebear
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2009, 09:59 AM
I think it depends where I am. If I'm walking on our beach or in certain other areas where only the dedicated doggy people go, I'm pretty much OK with any dog. I'm vary of dogs in touristy areas though. Loki has been bitten / attacked four times in his life and three of those were at Stanley Park (Blackpool) by the kinds of dogs that only get out on a Sunday, if it's fine and there's no footy on. They were a lurcher, a cocker and a staffie. I don't blame the dogs or their breeds though, we have met perfectly friendly examples of those breeds on numouruos occasions. The other dog that bit him quite badly was a golden retriever. Oh and he was attacked by a border collie on the prom last year, and as he turned to run away he ran into a lady who started ranting at me about my dangerous dog.

It's the owners I watch. I would be wary of a Rottie / Shepherd/ Staff etc. in our local park, because there are lots of chavvy people round here who have them for status. I am also wary when people have the all dressed up in thick leather and brass harnesses etc. coz they want it to look 'ard.

I'm a little wary of Loki with male boxers and black labs, as he seems to have little tolerance for them these days. (since he has been ill)
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2009, 09:59 AM
Originally Posted by tezziebear View Post
Surprise me too!!! I had heard about the so-called "cocker rage syndrome" but didnt realise it extended to other spaniel breeds. Of course it is only one opinion and I have no idea what his own private prejudices are... so right about Staffys though...Such fun packed balls of muscle!! I love em! Its a shame that many people are scared of them 'on sight'!
Yeah ive heard about cockers being a bit nippy. In our puppy class we have 2 that are very nippy with people and other dogs.

If i see a staffy out and about, i tend to scan the area to see what sort of person owns the dog. You can usually tell a lot by just looking at the person. i.e making sure there not a chav lol
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2009, 10:24 AM
Not a breed...but some combinations of owner + dog are bit worrying
children with untrained family dogs
dreamy-looking ladies with ankle-biters
fierce old girls with snarly small dogs
twonks with crosses whose heads are bigger then their bodies.
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2009, 10:24 AM
The only breed i am wary of is Westies, i was bitten by ours when i was little (for no reason other then the dog had a skrew loose!) so now i just dont like them. They are also really over bred in our area and the result is some pretty nippy, hyper badly bred dogs.

We have to be careful of any bull breeds (SBT most of all) when out with Cassie as she has decided they have no right to exsist in the same space as her
tezziebear
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-03-2009, 10:31 AM
OK I give up...what or who are 'Chavs' or 'chavvys'??? I have no idea!!!!
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2009, 10:40 AM
LOL, they are white trash that have infected the UK. Basically they are younger people who wear designer gear (often knocked off) such as von dutch and burberry, have no job and live in a council house.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2009, 10:42 AM
You must have seen them - it's like an epidemic! Errr... how to put this...not very clever people who don't use soap, spit a lot, wear Burberry caps, swear at their kids very loudly, drive souped up boom boom cars, own staffies that look like pits and wear big harnesses (the bitches almost always look as though they recently gave birth!) DON'T HAVE JOBS. Kinda like what you would see if you switched on Jeremy Kyle in the morning.
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »