View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-04-2013, 06:41 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread. (Saturday).

Morning everyone. Here's my smiley face in a bit you will see my angry mad face.
First though I hope this lovely sunny morning although it be a bit chilly here in Harlow is gracing you too, and that you are all well and our furry friends too.

Well what an awful night Dillon is lucky he isn't wandering the streets cast out into the night after his performance. We decided both to go up to bed last night as he is nicely settled with the paw so off we toddled when he settled down at 9.30 and finished watching the new ITV drama and turned off and went to sleep at 10pm. All fine till 2am the he started doing his little huffing noises which eventually got louder so down I went to see if he needed to toilet he did a wee. In he came and from then till about 15 minutes ago we have had barking and in and out into the garden I have tried to grab sleep when he came in and I thought he had settled only to be woken again in 20 minutes or so I have been standing outside in the cold and frosty dark to keep him quiet while he has been sniffing the perimiters. Trying to sleep with the back door open. I am sincerely hoping he has not disturbed next door with his almost constant barking for nearly 5 hours.
I think this is food related because he has been dribbling thinking each time he barks goes out and then barks to come in he is getting a biscuit which I have been trying not to give in over but in the end had too he seems really hungry so I gave him some fish and potato at around 4am he has been having sickness issues recently and I think I have now found the culprit anything chicken or chicken based makes him sick. I feel he is too ribby and slim for a boy his age and the size of dog so have to start increasing his food now I have found the culprit but of course want to do it slowly. So today I will increase his intake by a small amount each feed and hope that helps and we get a better nights rest tonight. Here is my mad angry face as promised. He can still only have lead walks so that doesn't help as he has a lot of pent up energy at the moment too. So today we are putting him in the car and taking him somewhere different and walking a lot further also in the hopes that helps.

Helena I hope you and Dave have a nice relaxing day today.
Chris glad to read the scan for Gary went well and that you all enjoyed your Mcdonalds.
Pat I hope your day is more relaxing today too.
Lorraine I saw in the wee small hours this morning when browsing about your lovely windfall enjoy your spend up today.
Bev I hope the headache is now gone if it hasn't I really feel you should pop to the Dr if not today Monday.
Malka I saw yo have had a worrying time with Pereg nagging try to get some rest if you can when Pereg has a rest or if she does. I hope you get the roof sorted asap too.
Sorry if I have missed anyone I will catch up with you later.
In the mean time enjoy your Saturday and stay safe.

PS. Dillon is now sleeping. so it will be wakey wakey time for him now.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2013, 06:58 AM
Morning Lynn and all,

Oh my goodness Lynn he really has pushed his luck hasn't he. Its bad enough if they behave like that during the day, but at night . Its probably his protest at having nobody downstairs with him and like you say he may be getting hungrey.

It took me a while to position Lily on the bed last night so i could get some room and some of the quilt, eventually I got her on one half of the bed, but had her bottom right by my nose, which could have ended up fatal if she got wind, after a while she did turn round and thankfully put her head on the pillow and laid with her back to me, just wanting a cuddle, so I fell asleep with my arm round her.

This morning I am taking Lily to see a different vet, Martin, about 20 miles away, a few of my greyhound friends use him, he is a one man practice, but excellent with greyhounds and very cheap.
Lily needs her teeth descaled and my vet quoted me for a scale and polish between £300-£400 plus extra if she needs any teeth out. Martin charges around £140 for scale and polish and up to 5 teeth out, so we have a consultation with him this morning, which is £20 so I can meet him and he can have a good look at her teeth, give me a price and also I will get him to check her cracked pads.

I still keep getting this headache so if no better later I may take my self to the walk in center. Its been so bad the last couple of days I havn't been to work so I can't afford not to go in next week. I've had this headache a week now as it started last weekend.

Hope you all have a good day, its very Frosty out there at the moment but the sun is shining.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2013, 07:07 AM
Morning

Oh dear Lynn, what an awful night you had. You must feel groggy now today after that. Perhaps you might get a chance for a nap later? I would be looking forward to a revenge wake-up call for Dillon.

No loft visitors - perhaps it was a bird because it was there around the time the birds started their dawn chorus. I wonder if a little bird slept in the loft and woke up to go and join his mates.

We still got woken up around that time though because Loki had a fit this morning. I suspected he'd start fitting because he's been a bit out of sorts this week and it's been four weeks since the last lot. I think we will need to think about increasing the meds again but I hate doing that.

It's a beautiful morning - I hope everyone is having some much-needed sun today.

Take care.
xxx
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2013, 07:18 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning everyone. Here's my smiley face in a bit you will see my angry mad face.
First though I hope this lovely sunny morning although it be a bit chilly here in Harlow is gracing you too, and that you are all well and our furry friends too.

Well what an awful night Dillon is lucky he isn't wandering the streets cast out into the night after his performance. We decided both to go up to bed last night as he is nicely settled with the paw so off we toddled when he settled down at 9.30 and finished watching the new ITV drama and turned off and went to sleep at 10pm. All fine till 2am the he started doing his little huffing noises which eventually got louder so down I went to see if he needed to toilet he did a wee. In he came and from then till about 15 minutes ago we have had barking and in and out into the garden I have tried to grab sleep when he came in and I thought he had settled only to be woken again in 20 minutes or so I have been standing outside in the cold and frosty dark to keep him quiet while he has been sniffing the perimiters. Trying to sleep with the back door open. I am sincerely hoping he has not disturbed next door with his almost constant barking for nearly 5 hours.
I think this is food related because he has been dribbling thinking each time he barks goes out and then barks to come in he is getting a biscuit which I have been trying not to give in over but in the end had too he seems really hungry so I gave him some fish and potato at around 4am he has been having sickness issues recently and I think I have now found the culprit anything chicken or chicken based makes him sick. I feel he is too ribby and slim for a boy his age and the size of dog so have to start increasing his food now I have found the culprit but of course want to do it slowly. So today I will increase his intake by a small amount each feed and hope that helps and we get a better nights rest tonight. Here is my mad angry face as promised. He can still only have lead walks so that doesn't help as he has a lot of pent up energy at the moment too. So today we are putting him in the car and taking him somewhere different and walking a lot further also in the hopes that helps.

Helena I hope you and Dave have a nice relaxing day today.
Chris glad to read the scan for Gary went well and that you all enjoyed your Mcdonalds.
Pat I hope your day is more relaxing today too.
Lorraine I saw in the wee small hours this morning when browsing about your lovely windfall enjoy your spend up today.
Bev I hope the headache is now gone if it hasn't I really feel you should pop to the Dr if not today Monday.
Malka I saw yo have had a worrying time with Pereg nagging try to get some rest if you can when Pereg has a rest or if she does. I hope you get the roof sorted asap too.
Sorry if I have missed anyone I will catch up with you later.
In the mean time enjoy your Saturday and stay safe.

PS. Dillon is now sleeping. so it will be wakey wakey time for him now.
Hi Lynn,Sorry to hear,when mydogs have become unsettled,the pup would pace and make a noise whichwould result in a bark,I keep long life goats milk,warm it in the microwave,and sit with them,they have the warm milk,and graduallyeverything is calm well nearly,the dogs gone to sleep me cant settle,so I then have camomile tea.crystalgirl
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2013, 07:23 AM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Morning

Oh dear Lynn, what an awful night you had. You must feel groggy now today after that. Perhaps you might get a chance for a nap later? I would be looking forward to a revenge wake-up call for Dillon.

No loft visitors - perhaps it was a bird because it was there around the time the birds started their dawn chorus. I wonder if a little bird slept in the loft and woke up to go and join his mates.

We still got woken up around that time though because Loki had a fit this morning. I suspected he'd start fitting because he's been a bit out of sorts this week and it's been four weeks since the last lot. I think we will need to think about increasing the meds again but I hate doing that.

It's a beautiful morning - I hope everyone is having some much-needed sun today.

Take care.
xxx
Sorryto hear about loki,sometimes because the weather is changing,you notice it withthe wildlife,the birds are squabbling over material for the nests,the lambs are jumping like crazy as iftheyhave springs,yet when it is cold they huddle up,but now theyarejumping all over the place,spring has sprung,thingswill settle,crystalgirl
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2013, 07:27 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Morning Lynn and all,

Oh my goodness Lynn he really has pushed his luck hasn't he. Its bad enough if they behave like that during the day, but at night . Its probably his protest at having nobody downstairs with him and like you say he may be getting hungrey.

It took me a while to position Lily on the bed last night so i could get some room and some of the quilt, eventually I got her on one half of the bed, but had her bottom right by my nose, which could have ended up fatal if she got wind, after a while she did turn round and thankfully put her head on the pillow and laid with her back to me, just wanting a cuddle, so I fell asleep with my arm round her.

This morning I am taking Lily to see a different vet, Martin, about 20 miles away, a few of my greyhound friends use him, he is a one man practice, but excellent with greyhounds and very cheap.
Lily needs her teeth descaled and my vet quoted me for a scale and polish between £300-£400 plus extra if she needs any teeth out. Martin charges around £140 for scale and polish and up to 5 teeth out, so we have a consultation with him this morning, which is £20 so I can meet him and he can have a good look at her teeth, give me a price and also I will get him to check her cracked pads.

I still keep getting this headache so if no better later I may take my self to the walk in center. Its been so bad the last couple of days I havn't been to work so I can't afford not to go in next week. I've had this headache a week now as it started last weekend.

Hope you all have a good day, its very Frosty out there at the moment but the sun is shining.
Hi if he is good hang on to him,miss my vet since I have moved,it always seems such a trial to find a good vet,Anyway have a good day.crystalgirl
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2013, 07:32 AM
Oh dear Lynn what a night. Not a lot one can say but empathize with you. And you too Bev as that headache is something that is going round. A lot of my friends have described having a headache for a week or more.
I take it Malka has had some problems with Pereg I have missed that so must go read back on yesterday's thread or maybe another thread somewhere. Take care all and have a good weekend all. God bless.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2013, 07:40 AM
Morning!
Lynn what a little monkey, I hope you can catch up on your sleep later.
LS I hope that Loki will be ok, poor old thing.

Well the Noro virus hit here yesterday, hubby has been in the loo since yesterday afternoon
Thats all we need.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2013, 07:43 AM
Originally Posted by Labrador Lover View Post
Oh dear Lynn what a night. Not a lot one can say but empathize with you. And you too Bev as that headache is something that is going round. A lot of my friends have described having a headache for a week or more.
I take it Malka has had some problems with Pereg I have missed that so must go read back on yesterday's thread or maybe another thread somewhere. Take care all and have a good weekend all. God bless.
I wondered if it was something thats going around which is why I havn't been to the doctors before with it. Perhaps I won't bother with the walk in center then and will just wait for it to go.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-04-2013, 07:51 AM
Just signing in. Sorry but I am too shattered to talk and so upset Loki had another seizure - Pereg says she hopes he was not copying her.

She is still not back to normal but somehow both she and I have to get some rest. Otherwise I do not know what we will do..

Sorry everyone but I cannot concentrate so hope everyone is OK. Forgive me please.
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »