Our sister sites
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2012, 08:18 AM

Basil's Raw Food

Basil's fine food-

http://www.basilsdogfood.co.uk/

I don't know if anyone has tried this before but I have been thinking about giving it a go.

I am not fan of ready made complete raw foods I often discover that apon closer inspection of the ingrediants that they are usually charging lamb and beef prices but fill it out with chicken! >.>

I don't mind paying the price of lamb as long as that is what I am getting.

They seem a bit expensive to me but also seem to be excellent quality though I wont know till I order. I like the sausege design of their packaging which will make for easy storage.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2012, 08:53 AM
looks alot like natural instinct. not too sure on the prices though if its £1.80 for 500g when you can get 1kg for £2.45 from natural instinct.

can always give it a go though, no harm in trying.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2012, 09:02 AM
My friend feeds it and I think it's expensive when you can get the same for less at places like DAF. Plus there isn't that much variety..
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2012, 09:39 AM
The shock I find with many complete foods which is also why I don't like them I often discover they are filled out chicken but charge the price of the other flavour instead which I think is wrong.

I have put in an order it will be a one off untill I find a job as I don't think I could afford Basils on no income comming in.

Thought id treat Millie this time as I have passed my level 2 English and now have an A-C GCSE equivellent ^^
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2012, 03:30 PM
Originally Posted by pippam View Post
The shock I find with many complete foods which is also why I don't like them I often discover they are filled out chicken but charge the price of the other flavour instead which I think is wrong.

I have put in an order it will be a one off untill I find a job as I don't think I could afford Basils on no income comming in.

Thought id treat Millie this time as I have passed my level 2 English and now have an A-C GCSE equivellent ^^
Have you tried DAF minces? They aren't filled out with chicken at all.
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2012, 10:04 AM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
Have you tried DAF minces? They aren't filled out with chicken at all.
No I haven't I have also heard really good things about this company and their is a supplier a bit closer to me. The prices I have seen are even cheaper then prize choice!

I have thought a lot about giving it a go but I am no good with over the phone orders I feel more comfertable ordering online-add to a basket type buying.

My order has been disaptched this morning! I'll hopefully take pictures before I pack everything away.
Dr Salter
Dogsey Junior
Male 

23-07-2012, 05:07 PM
Originally Posted by pippam View Post
Basil's fine food-

http://www.basilsdogfood.co.uk/

I don't know if anyone has tried this before but I have been thinking about giving it a go.

I am not fan of ready made complete raw foods I often discover that apon closer inspection of the ingrediants that they are usually charging lamb and beef prices but fill it out with chicken! >.>

I don't mind paying the price of lamb as long as that is what I am getting.

They seem a bit expensive to me but also seem to be excellent quality though I wont know till I order. I like the sausege design of their packaging which will make for easy storage.
I understand you have your delivery. How is the food? In comparison to other foods, the bone content seems high to me, and the meat content low, what do you think?

Does the high bone content make your dog constipated?
Shangri-La
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-08-2012, 11:07 AM
I am not sure where you are from but i think you are in Essex Southend way.......
There is a garden centre in Battles Bridge it is called Battles Bridge mills, and they make there
own raw complete food in a roll just the same... they also do Chicken carcasses 3 for £1.00
it would be well worth a visit, as you would not have any delivery cost, and you can buy as
much or as little as you like..