Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2020, 01:12 PM

Where you live?

Based on the fact we have someone selling and a few people with neighbours moving on for various reason.
I wondered why did you buy the home you have now?
What was the pull what made you choose where you are?
And if you were looking again would you be moving away staying local?
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2020, 03:24 PM
We moved here because of very bad neighbours. Now I'm moving because of circumstance that I won't go into here. When this house is sold the world's my oyster as the saying goes.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2020, 03:51 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
We moved here because of very bad neighbours. Now I'm moving because of circumstance that I won't go into here. When this house is sold the world's my oyster as the saying goes.
You brought it so someone else will - glad the World will be your oyster.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-08-2020, 05:00 PM
We moved here to the bungalow from as you know a house that had so many problems physical which we fixed and emotional due to circumstances beyond our control.
When said house was fixed a bungalow was top of our list, little did we know we would find one next to a park for Dillon to enjoy and a 5 minute walk to the station for when gorden travels to London.
If we did move again which I doubt we would stay within Cambridge/Norfolk. Financially Essex will never be viable again and to be honest although I have two friends there still there is no longer family there.

brenda everything crossed your house sells soon.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2020, 07:40 PM
See I would love to be able to love by the sea or water, I look at house prices and think is it now or never I think this comes about because another neighbour I have known for a whole has moved to a care home another fall down the stairs. The family is moving and I think I am a happy enough soul to make friends and would transfer with work as well even if only for a short time to get a social circle.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2020, 09:41 PM
We had a caravan here for years and loved the area, but the initial plan was to move to Bridlington because I wanted to continue to lecture at college, but full time rather than part time. That opportunity seemed to be drifting further away and as we'd already decided on a move, it seemed obvious to do what we'd always originally planned and move to Skegness (well Chapel St Leonards with is 7 miles out but still on the coast). Never regretted it for a second
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2020, 08:35 AM
My cousin did the same as you Chris she packed up with her hubby and moved to the south coast. No links nothing there she went on a school trip she was a "helper" with a special needs school loved it went back down for a week with her husband he too loved it they put the house up here did a couple of sorties down there found Weymouth and they sold moved within months I believe that was about 18 years ago. They too never regretted it thinking that it may be the way forward.

Think I am in a rut.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-08-2020, 09:57 AM
Go for it Kazz.
If we hadn't got Dillon and thought Lauren would follow with Mark I would love to sell up here and move to Spain.
Maybe near to Michael and Maca not in a city but a village nearby.

Doubt Lauren would leave her family and come and we cannot move there with Dillon to hot and he is to old to stress out with innoculations for abroad and putting on a plane.
Also Joel would have to come that would be Marks hold back, I have a feeling Joel would come though if it was at all possible.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2020, 10:07 PM
I am here because I don't have an option...I wonder could you and Mr Barge man trade places for a couple of months Kazz.. provided you could take time from work? He could house sit for you, you could "test the waters" and if you really felt happier elsewhere, then you could sell up. I have left here and returned, I have lived in cheslyn hay, Doncaster, skeggy and a few rough parts of the city, only had one place of my own and I couldn't afford to keep that. Life is very very short and everyone deserves to be happy, especially those that only have themselves.
Lynn, my dad wasted tonnes of money in the 80's 90's in bandits...like £200 a night, he sits here now watching a place in the sun when they are in Spain saying what a div he was, compared to here, the property is so much better for your money and if you are prepared to graft....well, bargains to be had.
Steve wants to live on a canal boat, apparently I will be allowed to visit ( nice of him) but my happiest was in a caravan with six fellas at ingoldmells, my life was so uncomplicated and I do miss it.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2020, 06:57 AM
Lived most of my life round the South London Area and then moved to Horley. When Barry accepted early voluntary retirement it meant looking round the country for somewhere to live with a business to support a family and we went to live in Pelsall. I never thought that as home and would feel depressed when having been away for the day visiting down South and heading back. So when we retired and sold up it was a no brainer to return South for me to be near relatives and eldest son - though not that near to be a bother

Love living here and now feel right at home
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >