Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2007, 01:34 PM

Suggestions please!

My living room window is nigh on the street so people can see straight in so I tend to have the curtains drawn but it is a bit dingey so I'd like suggestions as to how I can stop people staring in but still have light coming through!
I thought of maybe some sort of self sticky (static) plastic covering with a stain glass window effect but all suggestions would be welcome.
Becky
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2007, 01:37 PM
net curtains let light in but keep beedy eyes out, only in the day time though, if the light is on at night then you all can be seen, that or a roller blind you can have them at the level where they block most folks vission, ie they would need to stoop to see in, but I guess it depends on the hight of the window from the street outside,
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2007, 01:49 PM
Net curtains are great for privacy during the day or vertical blinds when you tilt them people can only see in if they stand in a certain position outside. These also let a lot more light in than the vertical kind of blind. Hope this helps.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2007, 02:04 PM
Yep nets will do the trick, I think the sticky stuff would look a bit tacky, but if you dont like the net idea you could always try it, as you can get it off eaily if you dont like it!
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2007, 02:50 PM
nets...................or vertical blinds would help a lot
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-06-2007, 04:15 PM
How about Voile panels ? if you get two you can put them on a pole and swag them back to either side -that way they cross over quite low but still let the light in ....orrrrrr you can get the stuff that you spray on the glass so that it looks frosted
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2007, 04:23 PM
You can get roller blinds that go from the bottom up...

It means you can protect the bottom half of your window, but the light will still come in from the top of the window...
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2007, 04:45 PM
Great ideas guys, hadn't thought about blinds! Thanks
Becky
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-06-2007, 04:52 PM
We have vertical blinds here, I have always thought of nets as a bit "old fashioned" and a dust trap.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2007, 05:11 PM
I have found a company who do window films and I was going to see if I could get them to do the six panels with a poodle on it lol! Not that I like poodles or anything!
Becky
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >