Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2023, 07:54 AM

Silly Saturday 18th March 2023

Morning all. The reason they cross poodles with everything is because they say that they are hypoallergenic and non moulting. Ridiculous. All dogs moult and need a good brush through. And there is no such thing as a hypoallergenic dog. Just some need a different diet to others. See, don't get me started on that. We had a Border Terrier that came to classes and the owner didn't realise that they should be trimmed out occasionally and when we said she should she did and wow the difference it made to the dogs coat and well being. Anyway enough from my thoughts. Except: anyone have an answer to this, if I live to a ripe old age but run out of savings who will house me with my paltry pension? Have a good day everyone. Sorry Barry belated Happy Birthday Wishes to you.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2023, 09:07 AM
Good morning Brenda have a good day.

No answer to your question Benda but it is a worry for a lot of people.

Very wet here. Cooking a lasagna for lunch and then Paul, eldest son, and I might go to a garden centre this afternoon as he wants another indoor plant and I want a couple of saucers for plant pot as two to the grandchildren went to try and grow water melons again this summer and I thought I might start them off on my kitchen windowsill.

Take care everyone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-03-2023, 09:23 AM
Morning brenda, Sue and all to follow.
Started off dull now the sun is peeping through.
griff we are looking at Volvos again to replace the XC90 but a lower vehicle looking at estates.
V70's because we needed to tow they are a good towing car if a 2 litre engine.
The Insignia will be the main towing car but handy to have a back up.

brenda no answer to your question but I am sure a worry too many.
Don't get me started either on all the poodle crossings and people thinking they are hypoallergenic.
Also paying as much for a cross breed with probably no health testing on the parents and as much or more for the price of a pedigree with health tested parents.
I am not sure why people do not re-home if they are not into a particular breed and looking for a cross breed.
Plus the mixing of some breeds regarding joints and what the two breeds are bred for can be disastrous.

Have a nice time at the garden centre Sue.

Hope everyone has a good day.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2023, 09:44 AM
Well I said silly Saturday and have come up with a solution: join a nunnery.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-03-2023, 10:38 AM
You would get fed and watered brenda.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2023, 11:34 AM
Good morning all.

Had to rush back this morning because a big, black cloud was threatening. Of course it didn't rain, but you can guarantee if we'd ignored it and stopped for coffee it would have done.

Dave is on his way to Gary's to sort out yet more tech problems

Brenda, once savings dip below £6,000 you claim pension credit. It entitles you to all sorts of things like help with rent, help with Council tax, dental charges etc
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2023, 11:58 AM
Thanks Chris. I didn't know the amount so I will keep my fingers crossed for awhile. Sun's out and been for a walk and met two people separately that I know now round here with their dogs. So had a nice matter which helps a lot.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2023, 12:23 PM
Anyone who doesn't have money to cover their rent in old age will be given housing benefit/ council tax benefit. My friend sold her house and moved into a charity newbuild place, the costs are expensive, she pays about £1200 a month for a one bed place and then has to chip in so much a year to gas and electric, I was very worried that her money would run out and she would be kicked out into the street.... The people running the charity said that it's not going to happen that the government will cover her rent costs and she will be able to stay there as long as she can look after herself.
It's like when you work but don't earn enough to live adequately, you can get a part payment of housing benefit/ council tax.
Just waiting for the latest ballot results to see if Steve is on strike next week, I suspect it will be accepted as there was one of the workers telling people to accept and said to Steve he better not be voting to reject, Steve just took his form, said he could vote anyway he felt and it was none of his business....this guy is pretty big and can be intimidating, I can't stand the bloke personally, I think it rests with Birmingham as they have 3000 union members opposed to 300 here
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2023, 01:33 PM
Well I have worked it out, as long as the rent here doesn't go up to much I can stay here for the next 10 years. I will be an older lady by then.lol!! So worry over and hide the wimple.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2023, 02:36 PM
Strikes back on, 70% rejected the pay deal
I am currently tidying my bedroom.......god! I wish I hadn't started, I am being very brutal and I am donating tonnes of brand new dresses to charity and chucking loads of other stuff too
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >