View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-03-2023, 07:11 PM
Thanks Kelly. All the lights work although the halogen were not nearly powerful enough so now they have Phillips sport in and they are bright.
We will see about popping it down to a local garage and ask the question but Gorden is convinced it will fail because they are meant to self level.
The units at the moment don't do that, the auto electrician seems to think it will fail.
Just missed out on the o/s headlight unit on an auction on ebay.
We have managed to get the near side one.
Its a nightmare getting the right one. So many versions.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2023, 08:03 PM
Ahhh, yeah.....that could be a bit of an issue Lynn if they don't self level. I don't understand why people go ahead and do things when they must know it's an issue.
I am dealing with Steve and he just looks at a photo, he would literally buy magic beans lol. He is completely clueless about buying a car, I would rather go older car and lower mileage, he is looking at stuff with 124,000 miles on the clock! I keep telling him no way, also he keeps looking at diesels and I prefer petrols purely on the repair costs but I have just said it's his money and up to him. He keeps MPs from one car to another to another, doesn't read the description whereby it's says "spares or repairs" he sends me a reg, I check it and then I ask where it's listed, I read the description and it will say misfire, spares repair, cat n etc. I keep saying ignore looking through all the pictures, read the information and then pay attention to the pictures
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-03-2023, 08:30 PM
Awwww Kelly is a minefield. We have bought so many cars over the years to get two together with problems we couldn't believe.
Fair do's though the Volvo has been a breeze compared to this Vauxhall.
Lights easily sorted on the Volvo and the wheel issue was the fault of the garage.
This one 2013 reg low mileage only 63000 low for a Vauxhall insignia and looks the part.
Someone though has mucked up the whole light issue and to be honest you wouldn't of seen the huge problem on a test drive, plus the limp problem which turned out worse and expensive than first thought.
We have 6 months to sort the o/s side light something reasonably priced has to come up between now and then.

I agree anything with a mileage of over 100,000 is a worry although saying that the Volvo was and it went to 200,000 when we took it to Yorkshire.
The RAC guy said it's only just been run in non that mileage and after giving it a look over feels it's worth keeping for a good while anyway.
That's why I like Volvos.
We always check MOT history too and the times when we have seen advisories we change our minds.

Good luck sounds like you might need it.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2023, 08:56 PM
Yeah, I am pretty happy with high mileage Volvo's and before the parts issues Saab's, they just went forever. He just gets ideas in his head and decides that the little problems are big problems and not worth sorting
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2023, 10:20 PM
I hope you have managed to get some rest Chris and that Rosie is a little more comfy tonight....fingers crossed you get a good night's sleep
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2023, 11:01 PM
Thank you for the good wishes for my little girl.

She's whined on and off all day and only settled about an hour ago. Vet said to just keep her as comfy as possible and she'll have a look tomorrow. She did say that the damage from removing the mass together with taking out the teeth meant stitching both inside and out so it will be uncomfortable until it starts to heal.

If this does turn out to be cancer, I'll never forgive myself for putting her through the op. She's such a placid and good little girl and really doesn't deserve this.

Another night on the sofa for me.

Sourcing car parts these days isn't half as easy as it used to be when there seemed to be scrap yards everywhere. Good luck with the hunt Lynn
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2023, 11:33 PM
Good evening all

Happy days here

Chris I am sorry to hear Rosie is still whining, but anything with teeth can be uncomfortable, my thoughts and prayers are with you.
Did the scooters get collected?

Lynn Life would be so boring without an issue or more to resolve and work through, seriously though I hope it gets sorted you are damned if you do and damned if you don't replace the lights by the sound of it.

Sue Hope all is going well with everyone and everything

Griff All good here thanks for asking hope you get Steve sorted with a car I know someone selling a good value Vauxhall Insignia 2013 reg low mileage only 63000 low for a Vauxhall insignia and looks the part for an excellent price of £1 million LOL

Moyra I replied to your email and sorry not chatted for a while really am busy busy busy no idea what's happened that's odd you say that about HP my eldest niece Harry Potter fanatic is watching from the beginning this weekend as well Great minds Hope Margaret is feeling a bit better.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2023, 07:50 AM
Think you meant Brenda not Moyra.lol!! Yep I am enjoying watching them again on dvd's. Maybe I will read the books after as they are sitting on the shelf next to Hedwig, He was given to me by Norma.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2