Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2023, 07:52 AM

Thursday 2nd March 2023

Morning all. Chris hope Rosie and you had a ok night. As mentioned try and get some arnica tablets they will help with any bruising. Taken orally they will help with pain etc. Hope everyone else is ok and had a good evening. I am watching Harry Potter again from the beginning. Have a good day, sun is shining after a frosty night/morning.Two weird words for today: Baculum and Putz.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-03-2023, 09:13 AM
Morning brenda and all to follow.
Nice sunny day here and washing in the machine.
Flipping car the Vauxhall auto electrician cannot sort the lights as it isn't able to be re-coded with any other lights than the exact units that should be in there.
So until the right units are in the warning lights will keep coming up and it wouldn't pass its mot. Trying to get the right units is a nightmare they are as rare as hens teeth and brand new ones are over £700 each.
I am not in a good place today. So angry and fed up.

Chris I am sorry I wasn't on yesterday to wish Rosie well but I am sure I did send my good wishes a day or so before.
Sorry to read she had to have more teeth out than expected and that they might not be able to get a totally clear margin. Everything crossed in the end they were able to and the results are not as bad as you are thinking.
The anaesthetic I always found can make them very upset for a day or so.
I hope Rosie is feeling less sore today. Big hugs to you all.

Hope everyone is keeping well. Sue I see you are still very busy.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2023, 10:33 AM
Gpod morning Brenda and Lynn
Enjoy your rerun of Harry Potter Brenda

Oh dear Lynn not good about the car. Do you have a breakers yard near you that you could ask if they'd have the right units. We did this years ago on an old car for something, can remember what, and found it.

Hope Rosie is feeling a lot better today Chris and everything is still crossed for a good result. I know when Teazle went in to have one tooth removed and a descale and polish she ended up have 14 removed but it did not stop her eating

Lovely and sunny here after a very cold frosty start. School run done, washing out on the line and have swept up out the front from moss that comes off the roof. Coffee time!!

Take care everyone
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-03-2023, 10:44 AM
I remember the part from the scrappers yard. I had got hold of a 4 door Morris Minor and a rear door needed replacing as the one on it was damaged too bad to repair. Oh the happy days spent working on cars back then, nothing too difficult to get at wth a spanner and screwdriver.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-03-2023, 12:17 PM
We are messaging breakers Sue and nowhere has them they get snapped up so quick.
We are now trying to source new ones. Expensive but at this rate the mot will be due in September and still won't have the correct headlights.
Even sourcing them new is a headache. Either out of stock or so expensive you need a mortgage.

I am so peed off.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2023, 12:19 PM
Good afternoon all

Rosie slept well last night, but the whining has resumed this morning. She's eating well and drinking well. I fed her (2nd feed) about half an hour ago and put the metacam in it and - so far so good - she has settled.

If the whining starts again, I will give the vet a call this afternoon. She has a follow up appointment anyway tomorrow lunchtime so I should know more when they have re-examined the wound

We are also waiting for the mobility scooters to be picked up. I am not a patient 'waiter' .

Life isn't much fun a.t the moment, but, hopefully, things will get better
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-03-2023, 02:36 PM
Poor Rosie Chris and you always worry when they sound uncomfortable.
Good she is eating and drinking though.

Gorden emailed Hella who make the headlights.
There will be no new ones made at this time they are having component issues.
The guy is having the same issues himself and signed off with the words not good news.
We are having to see what we can hopefully get off ebay. At this point in time I could happily see it crushed.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2023, 05:36 PM
Lynn, do you want to email me the reg and I will see what I can come up with? If there's any at a breakers near here I will happily collect and courier up if that would help
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2023, 05:44 PM
Evening all
Chris, I hope Rosie feels much happier soon, if you think back to any extraction you have had ..... it's painful for quite a few days
Brenda, enjoy Harry potter
Sue and Barry, pleased the passport has gone through
Kazz, hope you are o.k
Been running round like a mad thing, I am properly knackered!
I am been driven nuts looking at cars, Steve goes back to work tomorrow so I will have a little bit of peace lol. He doesn't know what he wants, one minute he wants a mini then he is looking at mitsubishi lancers....he doesn't have a clue what half the features are, he was talking to me yesterday and was going on about something, I asked if he knew what it meant?? He said no but you don't either so I turned round and told him what it was...his face was a picture lol
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2023, 05:52 PM
Lynn, I have just looked up warning lights and mot, I *think* you will be o.k, it seems it's abs, drs, engine management that they are really concerned with, your lights should be o.k as they are actually functioning
https://www.evanshalshaw.com/blog/pr...e-an-mot-test/
Ideally you want them out but it may be worth asking the question before you actually need the mot
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >