Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2023, 07:41 AM

Morning tis Monday 27th February 2023

Yep morning everyone. I woke with the daylight, so up and at em at just after 6.30am. Endeavour was good last evening so that made my evening. I will watch Call the Midwife this morning before going for a frosty walk. Do you watch it? Hope you all had a good evening and now have a good new day.
New words for today as it is a 'M' day. Mozette and Maquis. The last word is for all you gardeners and the first one is something to wear to keep you warm.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2023, 10:51 AM
Good morning Brenda enjoy your day

You can get large rolls of bubble wrap from garden centres Chris which might be ideal to do this silly wrapping. No idea other than string to hold it all in place. Easy for them to say as no doubt they have a machine to do it for them. So pleased your sister is recovering well.

Lovely here this morning after a cold start. School run done and one load of the monthly shop done. Will do the rest tomorrow. Have to be back at Ben's this afternoon as he has an engineer coming to repair the hot water side of his boiler. He said that he will pick the girls up and then take Sarah to the dentist so I will be there to let the engineer in. Will then also find out my duties for tomorrow

Hope all are now recovering well and the rest of us are well. Take care.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-02-2023, 11:00 AM
Morning brenda, Sue and all to follow.
Well weird skies here and raining on and off.
Wonder if we will get in the garden today to re-pot and move things about ?
At the moment I would hazard a guess at no.
Thanks griff our first dog was 5 weeks old too and Max although very naughty as a puppy was a delight. Unfortunately we lost him at 4.5 to cancer.
Not sure we will be importing a puppy from this breeding a few red flags to me to make me hesitate but might change my mind all very up in the air. So onwards with the networking at Crufts and hoping one of the other litters in the UK will be successful.
A shame as our friends in Yorkshire have a youngster from this breeder and she is lovely but her lines are different to these puppies and after comparing her lines are better health wise.
I know Pam will have done her research her avidly too and be happy with her choice.

Chris good luck with the bubble wrapping you deserve a medal.
Sue have you got a planner ? I know I would need one. I am hoping you get very spoilt for Mothers day.
Enjoy the frosty walk brenda.
griff hope you will be having an easy day.
Kazz hoping you had a lovely day yesterday.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-02-2023, 02:03 PM
good afternoon all

Just spent a bit of time sorting out a videoing editing issue with upgrading to latest version of a particular program I use.

it is getting a bit colder this afternoon so on with the central heating for a short while.
Apart from that just another day
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2023, 05:13 PM
Good afternoon all

They are sending the bubble wrap - yay!

They want everything that came with the scooters sending back with them so my hope is that if they can't fix the problem, they will offer a refund or the full amount in part exchange - I can only hope

Just back from the vets. Rosie has two lumps come up on her gum in front of the lower teeth at the front. The vet is going to remove them on Wednesday, send them off for lab work, check her teeth and mouth and do a full blood test. She 'thinks' they are benign, but positive thoughts on Wednesday for her will be very much appreciated. I won't get much rest until I know these things won't be a problem
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-02-2023, 06:04 PM
Positive vibes for Rosie on Wednesday Chris.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2023, 06:22 PM
I shall send my positive thoughts now Chris and Wednesday too....will probably be too busy to post in the day time but don't want you to think I have forgotten!
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-02-2023, 07:06 PM
Central heating boikler has failed yet again, second time in a month, so don't recommend Glow Worm boilers and it is only 8 years old. british gas can't get here for at least 2 days. So now thinking about a replacement boiler from a gas approved supplier instead.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-02-2023, 07:38 PM
Oh no Barry. Hoping you have an immersion heater so you have hot water.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-02-2023, 11:39 PM
yes Lynn we is dead posh is we, have one of them thingies as well. What may have caused it was because I went around checking radiators and a couple were cold at the top and only warm at the bottom, This signifies there was air in them so I "bled" them to get the air out. Doing this might have reduced the water pressure in the system so the boiler shut down. Unfortunately I know absolutely nothing on this subject so have to get someone in.
Tomorrow I have got someone coming around to advise me, I don't want this happening all the time so going to see how much a new boiler fitted will cost. On Wednesday got British Gas coming to fault fix yet again. this won't stop be for thinking about getting a new boiler though.

Bleeding radiators still should not have caused this if it did