Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2007, 10:09 PM

My daughters pet rat has just died

Why do these things always happen when your husband is at work. 11pm walk past the cage and sasha is dead. he was over 2 years old and i had a feeling it may happen as he'd lost weight this week, but still takes you by surprise.

I hate dealing with things like this and as we had another i have just had to move it from the cage and put it in a box with a lanket for my daughter in the morning. Didn't quite no where to put the box over night but i am sure my daughter will want to bury it tomorrow next to the cat in the garden. Oh i am going to have a good morning.

r.i.p sasha - sweet little thing
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2007, 10:11 PM
awww sorry to hear about Sasha. I know what you mean about dealing with things like that..I hate it too.
Hugs. x
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2007, 10:13 PM
Thanks ramble, yes i don't like picking up anything dead its horrible. My daughters going to be so upset in the morning. Bless
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2007, 10:17 PM
I'm sorry to hear about Sasha It's knowing that you have to break the news to your daughter in the morning that must be awful for you
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

11-04-2007, 10:21 PM
I've lost a lot of dogs and cats over the years and I know it's sad but you might be surprised. Sometimes kids are very good at accepting it. I remember worrying about what to say to my daughter (OK it was her fish) and was shocked at how understanding and 'matter of fact' she was.

Hope it goes ok anyway.