View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2008, 07:11 PM
Forgot about Chappie, my vet recommends it if I have problems, mine seem ok on it as well.
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2008, 07:49 PM
recently asdas have been doing harringtons for 1-69. i bag lasts ben just over a week.he is a grazer so it lasts him all day.
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2008, 09:20 PM
My leo girlie is fed on Dr Johns Gold medal which is 9.50 for a 15kg sack - she does well on that and i have no problems - her weight is maintained and her energy levels are fine and is big bits kibble so she has to chew them instead of snort them as she has done with previous foods. If she has done a lot and i think she needs a bit more then its fine i just up her feed for a meal and i've had no probs.

I am going to have the same prob as i pick up an NI soon and would like to feed him complete so let me know how you get on
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2008, 11:07 AM
I'm another to reccomend Chappie, I have one of mine on it as despite trying numerous other brands this is the only thing that doesn't upset her tummy. She looks fantastic on it.

Wish I could feed it to Milo but it contains cereal and he is wheat/gluten intolerant.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2008, 02:51 PM
I'd recommend Chappie here as well as money became an issue for me so thats what I changed to from Arden Grange. I pay £13 something for 15kg and the kibble sizes are largish. The Original seemed to give my windy dog flatulence but all have done extremely well on the Chicken & Rice.

At the moment, since money is an even bigger issue than a few months ago, they are on Wagg for working dogs. It's less than a tenner for 15kg from Asda but the bag was slightly damaged so I got it for less than £7! That was a bargain I couldnt resist.

Many people recommend CSJ and they have a large range too. I tried the gundog one for my...well...gundog but it didnt do his digestive system any good so havent used it since.

I changed over straight away (I know you arent supposed to but I always give mine a clean swap over) and had no bottom problems at all, not even wind with both Wagg and Chappie C&R.
saphirex310
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-08-2008, 07:17 PM
thanks alot you have all been a great help,will look into the foods mentioned now,fingers crossed it will all work out for the best, will let you know how i get on xxxxx
skilaki
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-08-2008, 09:44 AM
Take a look at the Skinners website, they have really good quality food for reasonable prices, no animal derivatives, preservatives, additives etc, and decent meat content. I believe it is used by a lot of husky owners:

http://www.skinnerspetfoods.co.uk/

The maintenance working field and trial food is £14.99 for 15kg, and the ingredients are on a par with much more expensive feeds:

http://www.skinnerspetfoods.co.uk/pr...intenance.html

It was the food I decided to feed Cox on until I made the decision to go completely raw. I've got the freezer now so no going back lol! If you buy raw from a frozen dog meat supplier eg Landywoods, it works our MUCH cheaper than most good completes.

Hope that is helpful, and good luck with the search!
tupence2p
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-08-2008, 11:44 AM
Mine does really well on Wagg, it's about £9 for 15KG from Tesco. His coat is healthy and shiny, he has plenty energy and it maintains his weight well.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2008, 12:16 PM
I really can't beleive the price of some complete/dry..

I raw feed

I spend approx £45-£55 every 6wks and this feeds my 2 for the 6wks
Dionne
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-08-2008, 06:00 PM
We used to feed our greyhound (who has sadly passed of old age) on Pets at Home complete and he did well on it. He was a sensitive old guy and he ate and enjoyed it. It was relatively cheap compared to some of the other brands. We have just started to switch Bailey (our new dog) on it too.....although he is trying to be stubborn and hold out for his Bakers, which his previous owners had him on! I dont know if you have a Pets at Home near you, but they are doing a buy one get one free now on their complete dry food, so that makes it a better deal.

Dionne
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >