Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jackpat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2008, 05:11 PM

Jack (patterdale) at agility today

Well today was his 3rd ever lesson and he was as good today as last week. A little more excited as he knew what was coming but he did really well. All the others in the class were "competent collies" but Jack held his own as a beginner.

Warm ups, teaching hand direction and left and right commands

His first ever proper weave!!!! He did really well for his first time.

Jumping!!! This is what he's good at!!!

And a table shot.

I still cant believe how focused he is with all those other dogs around him. Not even a growl today!!!

Sorry about the quality, they were taken through a car window.

Thanks For looking
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2008, 06:17 PM
Great pictures, I loved seeing those I'm so pleased that Jack is doing so well, he obviously is having the time of his life, it's so rewarding to find something they really love isnt it
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2008, 06:24 PM
Time you came clean - admit it - you`ve swapped him for a lookalike who can cope really really well close to other dogs

Brilliant stuff, way to go Jack, looks like he`s loving it
This is just what he needed to help get his inner confidence up in conjunction with the fab work you have been putting in with him day to day, well done you

And great to see a nice upright stance from you for the weaves
[ did you have to be threatened with a pole down the back of your fleece to keep upright like some of my lot get told will happen if they keep bending over just cos of their dogs being small ]
Gina&Jaz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-04-2008, 07:01 PM
Wow absolutely fab pics!

I love the one of him on the table looking up at you, he looks totally focused and you can see the smile from here.
jackpat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2008, 08:36 PM
Originally Posted by CLMG View Post
Great pictures, I loved seeing those I'm so pleased that Jack is doing so well, he obviously is having the time of his life, it's so rewarding to find something they really love isnt it
Thank you. I'm gobsmacked by him everytime I set foot on that field.

Originally Posted by Patch View Post
Time you came clean - admit it - you`ve swapped him for a lookalike who can cope really really well close to other dogs

Brilliant stuff, way to go Jack, looks like he`s loving it
This is just what he needed to help get his inner confidence up in conjunction with the fab work you have been putting in with him day to day, well done you

And great to see a nice upright stance from you for the weaves
[ did you have to be threatened with a pole down the back of your fleece to keep upright like some of my lot get told will happen if they keep bending over just cos of their dogs being small ]
Patch, you wouldnt believe my little dog. When he's there and the other dogs arent interested in him, he couldnt care less.
He actually got very hyped up today by a football match ( that tell-tale thud drives him bonkers) on the next field and beggered off for a split second. He approached one of the collies got to within nose to nose distance and came straight back. No growl, grumbles or teeth. When I feel him tense up, he gets a quiet "leave it" and he looks straight at me for a bit of whatever is in my pocket. We all walked back to cars totally together, he had every chance to "his thing" but didnt.

No threats for the weave, that is clearly my natural ability coming through Yeah right, Jacks maybe.

Originally Posted by Gina&Jaz View Post
Wow absolutely fab pics!

I love the one of him on the table looking up at you, he looks totally focused and you can see the smile from here.

Thanks you G. He is unbelievably focused.
BTW which smile? His or mine??? Mine is from ear to ear every time I think of how clever my boy is turning out to be.
workinggsd
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-04-2008, 05:02 PM
Great pics, glad he's having a great time, when they are having real fun with you they tend to forget about the other dogs, keep up the good work
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2008, 07:22 PM
Great pics, well done Jack, me and Toby think you are a star
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2008, 02:22 PM
wow brilliant photos, well done to you both, it can be exhausting running round those courses.
jackpat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2008, 03:14 PM
Originally Posted by workinggsd View Post
Great pics, glad he's having a great time, when they are having real fun with you they tend to forget about the other dogs, keep up the good work
Thank you, we'll try!

Originally Posted by Toby View Post
Great pics, well done Jack, me and Toby think you are a star
Thanks Janet!!

Originally Posted by inkliveeva View Post
wow brilliant photos, well done to you both, it can be exhausting running round those courses.
I'm hoping it'll help me lose the enormous backside apparent in those pics!!!
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2008, 03:51 PM
What lovely pics! Keep them coming. I must get some of Dingo, he's just started as well.

It makes you so proud to see them thoroughly enjoying it doesn't it?

Heidi
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >