View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
megsmum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-03-2008, 07:39 PM
We were also at Cheltenham this weekend. Total disaster on Friday (it was as if meg had never even seen a dog walk or seesaw before!). Things began to look up on Saturday coming 5th in beginners agility with faults but eliminated on steeplechase due to pilot error (i decided to take a different route to the one set out!). We had a rest on Sunday which gave us time to thaw out and then today she managed to win both beginners agility and steeplechase!!! Haven't stopped grinning yet. Can't wait for the next show.
Agility-mongrel
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-03-2008, 07:59 PM
Well done you two! We were eliminated at the weaves on the Beginners Agility, as he can only do V weaves at the moment (2 years of training and he still looks at them like they're from outer space!) but his contacts were perfect and the rest of the course went well. I was gutted when I realised we were in the indoor ring as he gets so stressed with the noise and close proximity of all the other dogs.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who does my own course! I'm notorious for my blonde moments at club!
Which is your next show? We're down for Scrambles and hopefully we'll get oiur first clear round! (Fingers crossed)
What size did Meg measure into? Dan ended up in maxi by about 1 cm
I-mac77
Almost a Veteran
Male 

25-03-2008, 09:16 AM
Originally Posted by CLMG View Post
Mmnnee, what forcast did you watch Iain
When I checked on Friday night it had changed it's tune, and was accurate then
I-mac77
Almost a Veteran
Male 

25-03-2008, 09:21 AM
Originally Posted by Agility-mongrel View Post
Which is your next show? We're down for Scrambles and hopefully we'll get oiur first clear round! (Fingers crossed)

We're at Scrambles too, looking forward to it too, as only 5 min up the road from us

Well done all on the weekends events, I guess we were the lucky ones that managed to have a show to go to still Well as for us, we were at Ardingly, and over the weekend Kahn got 6 clear rounds out of 6 runs, Zoe got 3 clears, and 3 rounds with 5 faults. So we were pleased, unfortunately Kahn isn't the type of dog that gets placed, but will often go clear in the most difficult of rounds. And Zoe is still only a baby (19 months), so to get 3 clears in her first proper KC show, was excellent.

So well done everyone
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2008, 10:59 AM
We were at Ardingly as well, out of the six rounds Jack did, on Sat he got 10 fault in the grade 1-2 agility, placed 17th in the grade 1 jumping, placed 10th in the grade 1 Agility, on Sun he got 5 faults in all three classes, grade 1 jumping, grade 1-2 jumping and the grade 1-2 helter skelter, he did everything we asked of him and more, in what were some tricky conditions

Well done to everyone

Our next show is Downlands on april 6th
megsmum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-03-2008, 03:45 PM
Well done Ian! What great results for both Zoe and Kahn. Meg's a midi so there is a bit less competition but i am still really proud of her. I have at last located a kc measuring session so we will soon be able to enter kc shows and get more show experience. At the moment Meg gets carried away with all of the excitement and can be rather unpredicatible.
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2008, 04:07 PM
Hope you all had fun. Did anyone end up on their bottom in the snow?
Bonwillan
Dogsey Junior
Male 

25-03-2008, 06:14 PM
We were at Dashin Dogs. We nearly got blown away on Thursday night. A big Gale blew in alot of people lost their awnings and fences. The main storage tent blew over at 2.30 and landed on the secretarys tent which then collapsed. The tent poles landed and embedded themselves in the ground fortunatly they missed peoples caravans. The organizers went around trying to wake people up to save all the stuff. We were already awake as our 16mth old daughter was crying in fear because the caravan was being blown around so much. I went out to help get the storage tent stuff in the back of an Adams Agility van. There was about 30 of us helping out and the sprits of everyone were quite high dispite of the conditions. Got back to the van at 3.00 after being scoured by the wind and rain. The show was cancelled the next day which was the right decision as it was very wind all day fri and sat. unsafe for people and dogs to run. So unfortunatly Easter never happened for us.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2