View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-04-2007, 05:33 PM
Ya know what... I try to make a wee joke and laugh about it all, in between the serious points I make... but just look around... every day in the papers theres some filthy criminal suing because his cell was dirty or his dinner was late or some other stupid stuff like that.. and they win their case and get compensation.... it's no wonder our society has no law and order.... and while Brady or Sucliff or any other of these filthy scum are eating at the top table... our pensioners are freezing to death in winter...Maybe it's a broader argument but if the do gooders who are against discipline were to get real and use there voices against the real culprits... instead of making excuses for drug takers, violent offenders, perverts etc etc etc then maybe... just maybe......
Hewey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-04-2007, 05:36 PM
People may feel it is unfair because of the few well publicised cases where it appears not to succeed but the courts are busy places where many more cases are carried on in an entirely satifactory manner and like I said what is there to recommend the self enacted justice system as being any kind of a substitute. The potential for miscarriages there are huge.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-04-2007, 05:36 PM
Originally Posted by eloquence View Post
i'm your friend.....................
oh a grand total of 2............ i'm doing well!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2007, 05:37 PM
Hewey - can you answer my post please?
Azz
Administrator
Male 

16-04-2007, 05:38 PM
C'mon guys - don't get hostile towards Hewey, she is expressing her opinion in an adult manner and deserves the same respect back - don't forget this is a discussion thread not a support one.

As it happens, I think she is talking a LOT of sense.

If for arguments sake, Jackie attacked her daughters boyfriend and ended up in prison, how dumb would that be? How will she protect her daughter if she's locked behind bars? Will her husband then do the same if the guy didn't get the message first time round? What happens then? Who will look after the rest of the family? Will they be put in care? How will it impact the other childrens lives? Will they get taunted at school that their parents are criminals? etc etc etc etc

I know the legal system has it's faults, but look at the alternative - getting put behind bars for a 'short term' fix is really really dumb. It will just escalate the situation - you might take one person out but what if that persons family want's revenge? Just look at what happens in the ghettos and you'll begin to see why it really isn't very clever.

I know it's hard when you're family is involved, but do yourselves a favour THINK before taking action. Failing to do so could really screw yours and your families lives up for a very long time.
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2007, 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by eloquence View Post
for hewey - how would you react to a violent person then, would you talk them out of it?
and mine please!!!
Hewey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-04-2007, 05:42 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Hewey - can you answer my post please?
Sorry, why one was that?
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2007, 05:42 PM
but Azz what choices do i have??
let him maine or kill my daughter cos then it is too late
or let her do what she did last week next time she may succeed
then i,m without a daughter whom i love very very much and he is off scot free

i really don,t know where to go or who to turn to because the police really are not interested
the only people interested are the doctors and nurses who took care of her in the hospital last week

i cannot sit by and watch this person destroy my darling daughter
and i could never live with myself if i didn,t do something to help her
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2007, 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by Hewey View Post
I agree with a lot of what you are saying Ian. I would like to see children reared with a lot more respect for other people and I do beleive in appropriate punishment for misbehaviour but it goes without saying that I do not agree with taking the law into our own hands because of any dissatisfaction with it :smt001 After all what sort of an example is that to set the next generation
I have to say I admire your stance (especially given all the alternative opinions).

In ordinary circumstances I believe most of us are law abiding. In the cold light of day people would not dream of taking the law into their own hands and the police are the first port of call ... and the second ... and the third. However if they fail us, and where our own loved ones are concerned, I think a lot of people would only think about their families and those thoughts would be geared to protection.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-04-2007, 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by Hewey View Post
People may feel it is unfair because of the few well publicised cases where it appears not succeed but the courts are busy places where many more cases are carried on in an entirely satifactory manner and like I said what is there to recommend the self enacted justice system as being any kind of a substitute. The potential for miscarriages there are huge.
agreed but that were legal representation and solictiors come into the picture.
the cases i have seen are real life and real cases who go through the court and honestly some of them are not just in the conclustion.
i work within it i work within a team who deals with criminal cases for 40% of the magistrates courts nationally, thats all cases they have day in day out and believe me some of the criminal acts ppl do to 1 another are lower than low, yet the sentence for the act is nothing in compairson.
i dont have the faith in our system and can see why ppl do take things into their own hands.
Page 8 of 18 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »