Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
b-eye
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-01-2007, 10:27 AM

What a hoot

Well this year decided to do something with my eldest lad Mr Baggins (oes) he dosent show so much these days so needed something to keep him interested and active, so i chose agility & obedience. for anyone who hasnt tried it , its brill, we had such a giggle, the class is not to ""serious" more fun and dogs getting used to each other, but we can still train for the Good Citizens bronze silver etc.
Well his obedience was good apart from "send away" just lost the plot there but we shall work on it its only week 2, so lots of practice to do, his sit stay, down etc was very good for a novice, the agility was a different matter,,
he sat at the gate no probs and waited to be called, the weave, well what can I say, he had the whole class in kinks, due to the nature of his big fluffy bum it proved a bit of a task, bum to big for the gaps, he ended up taking most of the weave poles with him, poor wee lad, i couldnt help but laugh,
Next came the tunnel, yeh right mam I aint goin through that"", so I had to go through it i did feel silly, and eventually he did come through, which only left the jump at the end, hadnt a clue, so he just went "through " it.
Heaven help us when we eventually do all this outside with more equipment,LOL
but all in all I really enjoyed it and I think Mr Baggins did too.
At least we kept the class in giggles.
We shall see what this week brings,
Huggles
b-eye
Missysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-01-2007, 01:22 PM
Sounds like you had fun . Miss just gets so excited when the agility equipment comes out at training . We start proper agility classes in a couple of weeks. It's great to have a bit of lighthearted fun with your dog. Good on you for trying . I can just picture that big fluffy behind knocking the weave poles flying .
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2007, 01:59 PM
Originally Posted by b-eye View Post
the weave, well what can I say, he had the whole class in kinks, due to the nature of his big fluffy bum it proved a bit of a task, bum to big for the gaps, he ended up taking most of the weave poles with him, poor wee lad, i couldnt help but laugh,
Next came the tunnel, yeh right mam I aint goin through that"", so I had to go through it i did feel silly, and eventually he did come through, which only left the jump at the end, hadnt a clue, so he just went "through " it.
b-eye
just imaging this really made me giggle too. Sounds like you both had fun. You'll have to take the camera next time & get some pics.