Our sister sites
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2009, 08:25 AM

ive demoted Mia

i have been doing agility with mia since jan
we started off i a barn and she was comming along ok
then our trainer wanted to move ben to an outside class and so to try and keep training to one day for me moved mia to an outside class too

this was against my better judgement as mias recal with distraction is pretty rubbish, i only let her offlead in a few safe areas

the first couple of weeks were not too bad, she ran off a couple of times, to actually play with other dogs

but in the past couple of weeks it has been getting worse and worse

the next class start comming in before the end of our class so she is too distracted to let offlead at the end, and when she runs off not only is it self rewarding for her but she also misses her go while i go and fetch her

it means she isnt progressing and the courses are getting too difficult for her

basically her stay is great, although she is looking around, when i release her she is doing one or two jumps and then getting distracted and running off

back to the barn
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2009, 08:28 AM
two steps forward and one back It's the same with Poppy at training, one week she's great, the next she can be a cow

As soon as class is over she must think "hey ho, that's it for another week, now I can do as I please"

Your not on your own

Elaine x