Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stephanie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2006, 02:34 PM

My Husband....aaargh

We are quite privelidged in that we have 3 cars, mine is a MGTF sports car, hubby had a Landrover Discovery (only had that a few months) and we also have a Ford Fiest Courier van which we brought recently specifically for the dogs as the Discovery is quite high up and although we do use a dog ramp is is quite difficult and akward so hubby and I had decided over the last week or so that we would chage the Landrover Discovery to a Galaxy Peoplecarrier as it would be more roomy for us when we are out as a family and if needed, we could also put the dogs in it too as a back up to the van

Well.....what did hubby do yesterday

he went out and sold the Landrover Discovery and brought a Subaru Imprezza WRX S...something or another I am furious, I don't like these cars (apologies to anyone on here whose got one), to me they are a boy racers car, it is mega fast (it's got a dump valve too so it makes a funy whizz noise every now and again when it dumps pressure), Im used to a fast sportscar, but this thing is a beast of speed ) it's a creamy yellow (YUK) and its not what I would exactly call a family car (well not for me and my lot anyhow) and how the heck would I fit, me/hubby/2 kids/au pair/Rottweiller and GSD (& possibly 2 bunnies) in their

I've made it quite clear - I am not geting behind the wheel of that and it's gotta go !! - anyone interested ??

I think hubby is having a mid-life crisis he's 37 this year !!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2006, 02:44 PM
Yeah Stephanie, know what you mean, mine had his midlife crisis at Christmas and bought his BMW 840 and still has his boys toy the Mazda RX7, which he won't sell coz he says it's his "fun" car and I have the BM to drive around in, when really and truly I would like a nice Volvo estate as a dogmobile instead of my tatty old Astra Estate which we've worn out now! What is it with these men and their cars!! We don't have mid-life crisis either do we?! Or DO we!!!
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2006, 02:44 PM
Oh Dear,looks like he's in the doghouse then...lol
That's the sort of thing my hubby would do,he brought an xr2 a couple of years back to do up and keep,but i managed to write it off before he had chance to do anything with it.
My hubby's also got a thing for speed and what he calls Banana yellow cars.
I think they start to go backwards when they reach a certain age....lol
Sal
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

10-02-2006, 09:25 PM
Would have thought a Subaru Forester or Legacy would have been more practical.

As for Landrovers. The only people who should be allowed to own them are farmers and the like who will use 'em off road. For load carrying on road, you need an estate or a van.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2006, 10:11 PM
yep my hubby bought himself a BMW M5 two years ago - it costs a fortune to run, the dog isnt allowed in it, I am rarely allowed to drive it and he spends more money on "HER" than he does on me !!!

boys and their toys !!
Stephanie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2006, 10:11 PM
Rich C: I didn't start this thread to be told what car I should/shouldn't have

As far as your comment on the landrover, you are after all entitled to your opinion
Stephanie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2006, 10:12 PM
Thanks Helena, Thanks Sal, Thanks Dani - it's good to kow it's not just my hubby then lol
mand p
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2006, 10:49 PM
I'm sorry, I think your husband sounds great

You see, we too have a Subaru Impreza
I am 34...I'm not a girl racer (well sometimes maybe ) and I have a family and it does its duel purpose well. It can be driven like any other car, it doesn't need to speed as you control the pedal
We use ours as a family car and we use it to race on Trackdays. We also belong to several performance car clubs where the ages vary from twenty to sixty plus...so midlife crisis.....maybe....but maybe not
In all, they are actually very good cars. Let him have his fun...( or you could sell the MG and get a people carrier)
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

11-02-2006, 12:03 AM
Originally Posted by Stephanie
you are after all entitled to your opinion
Yup....
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-02-2006, 12:33 AM
My 60 something sister in law has a Subaru Impreza,