View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2021, 12:25 PM
To be honest Chris, I would think...well hope that a camera would put most people off. I know since we put new cameras up that there's be no issues with next door...that will change shortly I am sure!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2021, 12:29 PM
Just a thought Lynn, there's one for 19.99 on Amazon that sits inside your window, you can turn the infra red lights off so that you don't get glare back....it will also work with Alexa so if you have a show, you can just say show me front camera.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08K3LTV...v_ov_lig_dp_it
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-02-2021, 01:22 PM
Thank you Chris and again griff.

We have ordered one and sd card arriving tomorrow from amazon.

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/produc...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

We are in today and tomorrow moving the fish tank after cleaning as we found Pleco alive and well he hardly shows himself but did come out when poor Mrs Terror was removed. We did toy with the idea of seeing if an aquatic shop would take him but I thought it unfair.
He will be going in our very small emergency tank for a few days while we clean out and move the fish tank which will give us more space in the living room, he is going to live his days out on the nook by the patio door in the large 4 ft tank when sorted.
We have put the non working camera we had in the loft at Upwell to monitor the rat situation. Rat cam it got fondly called, so hopefully if anyone nosing about till the proper camera goes up will be deterred.
Never thought I we would have to think this way to protect Dilllon, always vigilant and always have been with Max and Ollie to but this has gone to another level.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2021, 02:52 PM
Good afternoon all.

Having a brilliant day weather fabulous had a lovely chat with a couple who live in the lovely house which overlooks "my" field turns out its not HS2 but they are building an industrial/warehouse facility.

The construction gang (not yet started) have a sign up now on one part of the field saying "guard dogs in duty" which is worrying a a public footpath runs adjacent...and then through speaking to the couple see them often but we walk opposite ends but this has brought us together on the bridle/footpath which we both avoid normally.

Telling me there is a meeting where you can object as its council land which I knew but thought it was done and dusted seems not so she is sending me the link and I will object.

Also swopped numbers and he said he always meant to but did not feel it appropriate with his wife being there which I thought was nice, with all the dog thefts reported he would be happy to be on call as he and his lad(mid 20's now) work from home and can be down the field in seconds. So nice, he was trying to stroke/play with G (his old Border Colie passed away a couple of years ago I know that) who was off lead but she was having none of it seems I have a one woman dog. Although she happily chased the ball if it rolled toward him but brought it back to me every time. There is me thinking she is trusting and an easy catch seems not.

Been to the butchers and greengrocers waiting for the chicken to cook for dinner and watching my washing blow.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2021, 02:55 PM
Lynn that's very worrying I doubt the woman would of spoken up if not concerned I was would be petrified. Odd I have no camera system but seriously considering it now. I know I have good neighbours and a stranger stands out here but you never know. Have you thought of a tracker for Dillon on his collar (not trying to scare you) my nieces partners parents use them for their Jack Russell's as they are always off after something or shoud I say they used to be.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2021, 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Morning all. Lynn Tesco does minced Turkey and diced Turkey. I to keep a tally on outgoings in a cash book. Always have right back to when I first got married. Now even more so. Have a good day all.
Another cash book person "Hello" we are a silent yet ever present group.....Yes Tesco for diced and minced turkey seen it in there. Morrisons and Sainsburys do both as well
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2021, 02:59 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Good morning brenda and all who follow. Have a good day, keep safe and well and cuddle your four legged friends for me please.
Good morning Moyra how are you?
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2021, 02:59 PM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
Good morning Brenda, Moyra, Lynn and all who follow

What a nightmare Lynn to think someone is looking for Dillon with no doubt one thing on their mind. Was nice of your neighbour to give you the heads up.

Lovely morning here. Teazle walked, washing on the line and have just dug in some stable manure into the veg patch. So now quick coffee before the housework begins.

Hope all are well and that you are feeling better Kelly

Have a good day and stay safe.
Good morning wish I could dog manure in but know madam would simply eat it.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2021, 03:00 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Had a lovely phone call with a really lovely bloke this morning...Harvey, you made my day!!! Also, please tell Alena that she's my friend too so if she needs anything, I am here.

Awwww that's lovely.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2021, 03:01 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Don't know if it helps Lynn, but the indoor camera we have for Gary is a Foscam. Works uninterrupted for 4 hours on the PC and then needs to be re-signed in. It's recordable on the PC.

It works constant on our smart phones, but we've never tried to take any footage on it.

We don't really need to record

I do know they have outdoor versions that will follow a target. Night vision on ours is good indoors and their bumf says the it's good on the outdoor version too.

There are probably better ones out there, but this one does the job for us

Sounds like what my sister and brother in law have had installed for Jack since his seizures
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >