Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2021, 06:55 AM

Rainy Day Tuesday 6th July 2021

Well good morning peeps. I expect this will cross with someone else but never mind. Chris I expect they were on a school outing. Round here they often did them just before an end of term round the parks etc. Learning Is Fun they call it. Anyway hope everyone has a good day and don't get to wet.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2021, 07:12 AM
Good morning Brenda and all who follow

Woken early by the wind so early breakfast, Teazle walked and veg done for lunch. It was dry when I started my walk but we both then got a bit wet before we got home, never mind we will dry.

Hope all are well. Take care
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-07-2021, 09:12 AM
Morning brenda, Sue and all to follow.
Wow what a lot of rain overnight and still raining till about 8.30. Thankfully stopped when we took Dillon for his stroll.
Better night gave him his pill, we decided to leave the portable air conditioner on overnight it was 22 in here last night. Plus we did what we did when he first came him after his two major ops in September left the little light box on low.
Not sure what worked or whether it was a combination of all 3 but he slept through till 4.
Got some deliveries today and need to pop out for some shopping.

Chris a lot of stuff makes no sense does it ? Looks like we will definitely be going back to normal on the 19th. Gorden says they are not saying it but they are going for herd immunity.
I think we are going to see a lot of problems again. Thing is I'm not sure what is best I guess we can't keep living the way we are.
I suppose our own common sense will have to be used and hopefully keep ourselves safe.
Michael is booked for his first jab in Madrid Thursday, Maca is fully vaccinated her mum got two invites so passed one on to Maca as they both have the same name.
Sun coming out now.

Hope you and Teazle are dry now Sue.
Are you walking Molly today griff, hope it's a nice walk if you are and a dry one.

Stay safe everyone.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2021, 10:27 AM
Morning all,
No Lynn, not walking Molly today but I am supposed to be going to Steve's....not sure I will make it though... although I have said I would pick up bread and milk so have to go...mums got problems with new software at work
I am very pleased that Dillon had a better night, when Dex got a bit confused as he got older, I got him a night light and that did help a little bit....fingers crossed it continues to work
I wonder were the school trips already booked and paid for??? I guess in the grand scheme of things another day of is really a drop in the ocean given how much school has been missed
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2021, 02:03 PM
Good afternoon all. Showery day, but for the most part we missed it this morning and caught the dry bits

You are not kidding on the nothing makes much sense Lynn. We have said the same re herd immunity. It will kill a lot of people.

We will continue wiping down any tables and chairs, using mask to go in to order and using the hand sanitiser. Other than that, it's a see what happens and make our own minds up on whether to take extra precautions.

I personally think it's too much too soon, but hey ho, I don't have much say in it

Brenda it definitely was a school outing, but what I don't get is that they have been screaming about kids missing education, then take them out of the classroom to miss some more. Doesn't make any sense to me. On saying that, the town has been full of kids for the last 3 or 4 weeks so I guess a lot of parents are taking them out so they can get cheaper holidays before the 6 week break

Trying to drop some of the lockdown weight. I'm at half a stone at the moment, but boy it's a long slog. It was far easier to put it on
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2021, 02:22 PM
Diets. I am still battling and no sooner than I think I am winning something comes along to make me fed up and then I eat again. Ah well have been for a very blown about walk along the sea front. Have a good afternoon/evening peeps.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-07-2021, 05:18 PM
Definitely harder to lose it than gain it.

All you can do Chris is to do what you feel comfortable doing and if that means wearing a mask when the rules change and wipe tables down then that's sensible.
I said to Michael yesterday it's a bit worrying the rules changing on the 19th he said common sense will keep you safe.
Bit like driving you have to watch out for idiots.
Today after shopping first time in 16 months I have put shopping away without wiping everything before putting it away.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2021, 05:57 PM
Well you live and learn thought earlier hmm what to have for dinner was meant to be going out but my friends partner is poorly and has had a test better safe than sorry. So had nothing in and looked in fridge some mackerel hmm then a brainwave mashed potato with horseradish, tin sweetcorn with peppers hiding back of cupboard with pan warmed mackerel scrumptious Gert had a piece too so all good here. Going to watch the football but for this match you can all talk to me not England.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-07-2021, 06:17 PM
That sounds nice Kazz.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2021, 06:37 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
That sounds nice Kazz.
Thanks the mother of invention necessity