Female 

30-05-2012, 02:03 PM
Great pics...

What lens do you use?
Kiing
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-05-2012, 02:36 PM
Great pictures! Trent's stunning, really love his colouring, and your cats are gorgeous too.
Voraus
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-05-2012, 04:38 PM
Thanks for the great comments everyone! I am really enjoying this camera.

Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
Great pictures, very sharp. And beautiful animals too. I love the posing
Thanks! Trent is excellent at posing, he's had a lot of practice

Originally Posted by Insomnia View Post
I'm so jealous! I want a DSLR but no luck
Lovely shots, I LOVE the eyes, SLRs really bring out the eyes in animals, beautiful
They really do, don't they? I was so pleasantly surprised with that, it brought out the vibrant colors and intensity really well.

I am so glad I have a DSLR now, but I was in the same situation not long ago. I've been seriously wanting a DSLR and saving up slowly for 2-3 years, and had to look at used cameras for the last 4 months before I found a good deal. I definitely got some of my favorite photos using my Point and Shoot, but a good DSLR can't be beat, it makes things a lot easier for me

Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
Stunning pixs. Second one of Trent i love. & the black cats sre so clear & precise. Hard to get pux of black cats so sharply, think maybe i need to invest in such a camera
Thank you! I think I took more photos of my cats over the weekend than I had with a P&S in their entire lifetimes! Almost every photo I take of them I am happy with as far as clarity goes, whereas it used to be that over half I took with a P&S indoors turned out blurry.

Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Fantastic photos Voraus. I especially love the outdoors Trent ones
Thanks! I was a bit disappointed that the fields had not been mowed yet, but the overgrown grass made for some nice pictures anyway!

Originally Posted by zoeyvonne View Post
Aw gorgeous pics, but did you not get the hint when Raina started hiding from you under a stool
Haha, don't fall for that! She only hides under and behind things so she can surprise attack people (and the dog) when they walk past!! She tried to launch herself at me a few moments after I snapped the pictures.

Originally Posted by snakeman View Post
Lovely shots..i also use a d90 its a superb camera,looks like you are enjoying it too.
Thank you, that's good to hear! I always thought the D90 sounded perfect for what I was looking for, and that's really proving to be true so far. Absolutely love it.

Originally Posted by GSDlover4ever View Post
Great pics...

What lens do you use?
Thanks - I actually am just using the most basic kit lens, the Nikon 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR AF-S DX, have yet to get the lens I want.

I am saving up currently for the 50mm f/1.8 lens, but a friend of a friend gave me her 18-55mm lens for free because she never uses hers. I actually had the lens before I had the camera!!
jeagibear
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-05-2012, 04:52 PM
Originally Posted by Voraus View Post
But then we move inside again!

The resident kitten makes her appearance

As does Bree

Flipping for belly rubs

Raina and Bree pretend to be friends

Really like this picture of Raina

Meanwhile Trent is grateful that I've found other subjects to shoot

Done! Thanks for looking at the huge photodump
i love Trent too. he seems so mature, but still soooo much "a puppy!" thanks for sharing. that camera really does him justice. as it did with jet.... and Zak.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-05-2012, 04:59 PM
Fabulous pictures of stunning subjects!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2012, 05:27 PM
I have the chance at a D300 (I believe) but even though it's in the low hundreds, I can't afford it and the OH said that I'm already at my present allowance this year, he's buying me a new freezer and is also getting a shower installed for me.. so thats my Birthday and Christmas presents out of the way.. :/

Lovely shots, I have to admit that your Raina's eyes scared me! They're so WIDE! But they are lovely.
Voraus
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-05-2012, 05:42 PM
Originally Posted by jeagibear View Post
i love Trent too. he seems so mature, but still soooo much "a puppy!" thanks for sharing. that camera really does him justice. as it did with jet.... and Zak.
Thank you, I think you described him perfectly! He is a very serious dog in his maturity, but he still has his incredibly goofy puppyboy moments, and I love him for it

Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Fabulous pictures of stunning subjects!
Thank you!!

Originally Posted by SLB View Post
I have the chance at a D300 (I believe) but even though it's in the low hundreds, I can't afford it and the OH said that I'm already at my present allowance this year, he's buying me a new freezer and is also getting a shower installed for me.. so thats my Birthday and Christmas presents out of the way.. :/

Lovely shots, I have to admit that your Raina's eyes scared me! They're so WIDE! But they are lovely.
For a moment there I forgot that most of you were on the other side of the pond and went wide-eyed!!! I was thinking low hundreds for a D300 in US dollars and about had a heart attack. A used D300 would go for about $700 - $800 and typically they are around $1000+ new, body only of course. Completely different in £! It's such an excellent camera, but I definitely know how it is with the allowances, had to do a lot of sweet talking and words of "let's say this will be my birthday present for NEXT year!"

Oh and don't worry, Raina's eyes can make me a bit nervous, too. Sometimes I wonder if that kitten is right in the head... my nickname for her is Squirrel Spawn, because she is so nutty crazy and devious.
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2012, 05:44 PM
Lovely shots! I also have this camera and love it

Also love Raina's eyes and its the first time i have heard of another animal being called Raina.
Mart
New Member!
Male 

30-05-2012, 08:14 PM
I have done a lot of serious photography over the years. The D90 is a great camera. I was going to suggest you get a nikon 50 f/1.8 lens, so good to see you thinking along those lines too!
I also very much recommend getting Thom Hogans D90 ebook. I've bought his ebooks for every Nikon camera body I've bought, so much better than Nikon's own manual. Go to bythom.com if you're interested.
You're going to have a lot of fun learning to use your D90! Your dog is going to get very bored with you pointing it at him, lol.
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2012, 09:22 PM
Great pics of your gorgeous dog and cats
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >